Further Complications

Across the way in the middle of the Senate Rotunda, Chancellor Palpatine felt the Force surge. Even with his abilities dampened down to hide his presence he felt it. At first one then two waves hit him then a third. He had been listening to the senators ramble on about some simple bill that he had no interest in. He waved Mas Amedda to him and whispered in his ear. "Time for a break." Sheev got up and entered the platform that would take him out of the Rotunda. It wasn't the first time he had left in the middle of a session. Fifteen minutes later Sheev was far below in his secret chamber. He picked up a crystal and focused on it. He got an image of three beings in the Jedi Temple. Neither light nor dark, but the disturbance was of the light, so pure. More he could not glean without revealing his presence to the Jedi. He smiled feeling the anger at not being able to see who they were, but he knew there were normal means to find out more.

When he returned to his office, there was already a few coded messages on his datapad. He opened one after the other and scanned them briefly. Most of them were on certain senators he had been trying to get some dirt on. He was pleased that one of them looked useful. Then he watch a holo of three obvious Jedi leaving a old freighter. Each Jedi was zoomed in on to get a proper visual other than their strange armor he didn't see anything unusual. The holo showed the attempt identify each of them and not a single match. This drew his attention as he had all the Jedi marked and tracked in some way. Sure there was some of the Jedi shadows he didn't know about. His eyes caught on two things, one the man and the woman were holding hands, and two her blade was a double lightsaber like Darth Maul's. They spoke with the youngling at the door and vanished inside. The camera moved back to the ship as another figure was moving around the ship with a droid checking the landing gear.  This figure reminded him of a droid by how strangely fluid it walked. The wind picked up and the holo show a crystal clear image of his face. It was very hard to tell it was a droid and not human. The red yellow glowing eyes and the shape, reminded him of another droid, an image he had seen long ago on Korriban.

"Ship is registered as the Ebon Hawk, took some digging, but from what I could see it is carrying a Delta 6 Sprite with heavy modifications. The ship is very old, I mean ancient. It is a Dynamic class light freighter which was last produced 3500 years ago. No record of the ship in BoSS." The unknown cameraman stated. Sheev leaned back and wondered where these Jedi came from. His door chimed, and he felt his time was about to get swallowed up as he hit the control to open the door. His face showed a smile, but it vanished as the being, who wasn't supposed to be here, Mitth'raw'nuruodo was his full name, but he knew most couldn't say it correctly, and he went with Thrawn, came in. Sheev scowled. If Thrawn was here, then something really bad has happened.

"Sorry to disturb you, however you will want to see this." Thrawn stated calmly. He placed a player down on his desk as Sheev activated full counter measures. The room darkened as a system grew in the free space in the office. "As you see here and unknown fleet has entered the Mandelore system. Ships of all sizes and types over the last four millennium have been identified. Many of the ships have Republic naval names. Their transponders have been changed to identify them as under Mand'alor the Preserver."

"Where did they come from?" Palpatine growled.

"That is still an unknown." Thrawn replied. "However, from what few other reports I have gathered it can only mean that the Mandelore system and the Mandelorian space will be under this new Mand'alor's control in under a week." The image changed to a view of the streets and it move quickly and the citizens moved about as normal and rather quickly Mandelorians in full armor started to appear. "This is the effect of the short speech Mand'alor gave after a viewing of him battling Pre Vizsla to the death. I estimate that the entire sector will be under his control. If they act like I have predicted, they will be ready to start expansion in less than three months."

"Send my agents to contact this new Mand'alor. I am sure he will agree to an alliance." Palpatine ordered. "Now leave here before questions arise, Admiral Thrawn." Thrawn nodded and within thirty seconds it was if he had never been there. Sheev called his aide and told him to summon one of the Jedi Council's masters. He needed to send a few to Mandelore to negotiate this development. Maybe they will even tell him who those others were. This development if not handled correctly could interfere with his carefully planned war.  

Hello everyone, I have made several changes that will change the direction of this story. I just could not get past the encounter with Anakin meeting Revan and the action in talking to the council. I like the encounter better in the library as it leaves the council wondering and allows Revan not to cause too much strife.