Cleansing the Nexus

Ahsoka watched as the masters opened themselves to the Force. She kneeled down and did the same thing and was shocked as she gasped. Suddenly she was linked to each of their minds and what she saw was beyond description. The Nexus was thrumming and pulsing with power. Light and dark energy of the entire planet. The special stones allowed only so much of it to escape to the rest of the world. However, she slowly saw the issue appearing off to the side. Like a wound it bled and the blood was of the darkside alone. This energy added to that of the Nexus, and she could see that it made the Force of this world gray. Muddled to the point that there could never be balance.

As one, they opened their eyes and moved to the right of the Nexus. They searched out what they had felt. Hidden in the cracks and crevasses of the mountain peak itself. Evan was the first to find it.

"Everyone over here. I feel something I have not felt in a long time." He went in first followed by Anakin, Kenobi, and Bastila. Eris hesitated and jumped as Ahsoka took her hand. They entered together. It was a struggle of grunts groans and yelps as the stone here was rough, narrow, and unforgiving. When they finally reached the altar, they were shivering in the heat. The air was warm, but the darkside cold.

"We have to purify this spot, before we can shatter the altar."

"How can we do that, Eris? I know of no ability or technique in the Force for that?"

"I do, spread out around the altar. We meditate like we did before. I will link us together so each can see."

"I have a bad feeling about this."

"Can we not report this to the Council? Their power could be needed."

"Master Kenobi this is our task not the Council's. Do you not feel that the Force has guided us to this spot? I came back to the Republic thinking that I would fight with or against what I found. Now, right now, this is the place we were meant to be. I, Revan, finally see what I was so blind to long ago." He put on his mask and pulled in the dark side around him. His pain nearly making him scream, but he resisted.

"We must begin." Eris took a spot opposite of Revan. Bastila, Ahsoka, and Kenobi took their positions. Anakin was the last as he felt the power of each of the Jedi. He saw Eris glowing blue, and Revan glowing red. Ahsoka was white as was Kenobi green. Bastila was glowing yellow, and he felt drawn to the altar as their minds touched his. As if it was out of his control he stepped up to the altar and took to his knees as he opened himself to the Force like he never had before. His throat felt suddenly raw as he noticed he was screaming. The auras of all five Jedi shot out of them to hit him as his aura grew around his body.

The rainbow swirl of the different auras mixed in with the purple he was feeling as it expanded outward. Only a small part of his mind realized what was going to happen as the rest of his body, mind, and soul welcomed it fully. He placed his hands directly on the Altar stone as he released the full power of the Force into the stone. Small cracks formed under his hands as he felt himself bleeding as well.

Far off in another dimension the Father picked up his head as he felt the Force was changing. The Daughter and the Son came to him with worry on their faces. The Father felt a surge in the Force that filled him like he had not felt since the beginning. His old skin and gray hair smoothed out and gained back the color he had millennia ago. He looked out over the galaxy and saw what was happening as the murky glow of the Force was pierced by the light. The Son growled as the Daughter giggled.

"So has the Force started the journey back into balance. No longer shall one be stronger than the other." The Father looked to the side and turned off the device he had recently turned on to lure a certain Force user to him.

"Anakin!" Kenobi jumped up as he saw Anakin's limp form fall on the crumbled altar. He took a step forward and collapsed to his knees again as he was too weak from the ordeal.

"Skyguy?" Kenobi looked up to see Ahsoka was next to Anakin's body. He looked to his left and right and saw the one who called himself Revan was lying on the ground where the one who linked them together was still kneeling with her eyes closed. He looked at the woman who had glowed yellow to see she slept with a smile on her face as her hand rested on her belly.

Far above in the Temple Spire, Master Yoda opened his eyes as the Force changed around him. He could see for the first time, in a long time, the eddies and flow of the Unifying Force. The darkness was lifted as if a curtain was suddenly drawn back to reveal everything.

Jedi all over the complex gasped, cried, or laughed at the surge of the Force. Some sank to the floor to meditate, others excitedly talked with each other, While some looked to the Senate and the darkness they could suddenly see. The change spread out in the universe causing Jedi and other Force users to pause. Count Dooku was in meditation as his eyes flew open as guilt revealed itself from the sins he had committed. Sidious screamed in fear as he felt completely exposed, unwillingly cutting himself off from the Force completely as the darkside veil vanished revealing him to the Jedi's senses.