Chapter 4

I was finally able to get away from Mr. Goodwater after he told me everything that they needed to do to prepare for Regionals. I only hope I make it that long. But I kept on my happy face and thank him over and over again. This school won almost every single time when they had Rachel, I can only hope that I get this school one good win.

When he finally dismisses me I walk back toward my truck finally pulling my coat up and zipping it shut so I don't show anything else. My task was complete.

The stupid grin on my face wouldn't go away until I see Paul leaning up against my truck whistling. My grin immediately goes away as he spots me and smiles. "You know, you're a lot different than I remember Kitten, but your voice is still the same," he says, then smirks, "Gorgeous as ever," So apparently he was trying to woo me into making my knees go weak. But I wasn't giving in, he liked me because I was a challenge, well he's going to get a challenge then.

I walk over to him deciding to ignore his last comment, "Yea well, now the Kitten has real teeth, now get away from my truck," I growl at him narrowing my eyes at him. He seriously thought that he could just give me a compliment and everything was going to be okay is he insane?

But he just keeps smirking at me, "Let me drive you to the bonfire tonight, give me the keys," he asks holding out his hand like he actually thought I was going to give him my car keys. I think he only wants to drive me to make sure that I'll actually be there tonight. Good thinking on his part, I was contemplating on just going to the diner and focusing on studying for my next test in geometry.

I take the keys in my hand and put them in my back pocket making a show of it. "I don't think so LaHote," I say walking around to the passenger side.

Now, apparently, he had become some sort of ninja, because when I looked up to make sure that he was still there he had disappeared. I looked around them jumped as he took the keys from my back pocket. I squeaked and turned around to see him smirking down at me, holding up the keys like a trophy. "Like I said, get in I'll drive," he says getting in the drivers seat.

"You know, what I think I will," I say, Paul's face lit up reaching over and opening my door for me. I slammed it shut and he looked confused, I threw my bag in the bed of the truck then hopped in sitting on the spare tire.

Paul rolled his eyes and got out of the truck, I had thought he was going to help me down from the cab. I knew he wasn't going to let me ride back there. But instead he grabbed my hand and threw me over his shoulder with a scream from me. He walks over to the other side of the car with a little bit of groping on his part I might add, "Seriously?" I say looking back at his annoying head. He tosses me into the cab. Literally threw me into the cab. As he walks in front of the car I glare at his smiling face.

The way he smashed into my cab because he was so freakishly tall was absolutely hilarious. It looked like a grizzly bear trying to cram into a clown car. Normally I would point and laugh at his small disability but I keep the glare and look out the window. "You will get sick if you stay back there and it was either that or I sit you in my lap," he teases with that stupid smirk on his face.

I roll my eyes as he starts the car and drives off. I didn't speak at all. I had absolutely nothing to say to that lying, cheating bastard. He only grabs my attention when he starts trying to go above sixty but my poor truck always backfires.

That always makes me fling forward, sometimes hitting my head against the dashboard, "Okay, This thing goes like forty on a good day, this is not your el camino, that gives me a heart attack every time that you want to impress someone," she says slapping his hand off the gear shift and took the keys from the ignition. "I'm driving,"

Paul nods, "Fine," I was about to get out of the truck but he grabbed me around the waist and pulled me onto his lap.

I gasp softly as I look up at him, my heart racing. The heat from his skin breathed against my face as well as his hot breath. I look into his eyes as he settles me on his lap but I could have sworn that wasn't his original plan, he looks back down at me with those dark chocolate brown orbs that have always made me melt and I knew that those eyes just looked down at my lips. He inclined his head a little bit forward, so do I. We were about an inch apart from each other and I could feel his lips drag across mine hesitantly when I realized what I was doing and panic. I put two fingers on his lips and pushed his head away from me.