Chapter 5

Paul's POV

I had to leave before I lost my temper with my stubborn and pissed off ex girlfriend. There was a moment in the cab that I thought that maybe she's missed me like I've missed her. But she moved away too fast for me to find out. Or maybe that was my answer, but if she hadn't missed me at all why did her heart jump like it used to?

I shook my large wolf head as I sweep over the mountain tops deciding to run a patrol around the perimeter before I went back to the bonfire. There was no way that the leeches were going to get to my imprint if I had anything to say about it. My temper would ensure that it would never happen. Combing the mountains singlehandedly wasn't as easy as I thought it was, it's almost worth doing it with Black and his constant thoughts about the Leech-lover, but those thoughts just lead me right back to Elsa.

Getting her back was not going to be easy after what I've done to her. I know what I did was stupid but I never thought I would regret it so much more now. The thing with Rachel made me loose the one thing that made my life worth while and now Elsa hates me and has every right to hate me.

There were times that I swear I see affection in her eyes when she looks at me, then sadness and anger replace that affection in that order. There was something the matter with her she just wasn't telling me. I know her very well and she's a very private person so she wouldn't tell anyone unless she was on her deathbed thank god that isn't the case.

Elsa's POV

I look back down at my watch and knew that I had to leave here. Everyone else had settled listening to funny stories about each other. I am leaning against a log using it as a pillow, Seth was laying next to me.

I am easily chilled and Forks is not compatible with me so Seth was keeping my warm. I pull my coat closer around me and close my eyes for a small moment. Before I could even think about falling asleep my leg twitches signalling me to wake up before I do actually fall asleep. Everyone was actually loading the fire with more wood.

This surprised me, it had to be at least after ten. Normal people would be leaving by now, but everyone seemed to still be having a great time. I observed through one open eye and Emily is getting out marsh mellows and chocolate. Only a few of the guys met her halfway as most had girls sleeping on their chests.

"How long do you usually stay out here?" I decided to make myself known and stretch out my score muscles. I pull myself to my feet, allowing me to stretch out my muscles and loosen up my joints. They sometimes freeze up if I let them sit for too long.

Jared was the one to answer, "The longest was till dawn." he said gently pulling a sleeping Kim closer to him when she shivered a little bit. I loved how he looked at her when she smiled, he just chuckled and moved some hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear.

I smile at them and grab my purse, "Thank you so much for the invite, but I have to leave unfortunately. I assume Paul can get a ride from one of you guys?" I ask as I dug through my purse making sure nothing had fallen out without my notice.

"You're leaving?" a voice behind he says.

I turn and see Paul standing behind me, "Yea, I have someplace to be," I walk past him to the truck but he grabs my arm awfully tight.

"Where?" I could tell it was mainly curiosity dancing in his eyes but it was unwelcome from me.

I jerk my arm from his grip feeling a very large pain in my arm in the area he grabbed. I had a small growth developing in my bicep and he hit right on the spot. I managed to keep the pain filled hiss down. "I have to meet Bells since she neglected to come tonight," I playfully glare over at Seth, who just put his hands behind his head pretending he had no idea what I was talking about.