Sixteen

"I still don't get why you have to take my phone, what if an emergency arises and I need to use it?" Amberle questioned, glaring at the taller woman who was busy slipping into her clothing.

Joslyn paused, she studied her.

"What emergency?" She asked looking directly at the girl and sure enough, the gaze intimidated her causing her to look away. "You'll be in this apartment most of the time, which by the way has a landline so tell me why do you need yours?"

"For entertainment. I'm sure you are aware this place's boring as fuck."

"You'll get your phone back when you earn it,"

"I thought I already did that." Amberle pushed.

"You thought what happened tonight was enough to earn you the right to use your phone again?" the woman stepped closer.

"Every time you screw up in any way it is my job to deny you certain necessities. Each time you can prove to me that you can and will do better I'll give you those privileges back. Amberle I am well aware that you have an issue with following instructions and remaining focused but mark my words I will bring you up to my standards even if it takes forever for you to get there. That's our exchange, I help you to pay your friend back you are subject to me temporarily, "

The woman brushed passed her.

"Why do you feel the need to change who I am as a person?"

"Because who you are right now is not your best you and I just know that with my guide you'll see your potential."

"Why?" Amber was curious, how was this woman going to change her?

"Because making people better is pretty much what I do in this apartment. I identify the flaw in them and I help them to fix it, using a certain set of skills that involves discipline and sometimes sex. What more encouragement would anyone need to curb a habit when something desirable is often a reward? Not just sex, anything they like. And what better way than to make people see their mistakes but by doing something to them that they don't like?" The woman questioned realizing the girl caught what she was getting too.

"Exactly. I wasn't going to do it but if you and I are going to be around each other, you need to learn some manners. Now tomorrow is going to be a big day for you because I got you a job. No need for you to go through the hassle interviews or anything because you'll be working alongside me."

"What, and you're only telling me this now?"

"Yeah, I'm telling you this now,"

"God, you're impossible." She exclaimed. "How am I going to be able to prepare for a job I start tomorrow morning?"

"You have enough time."

"Really Joslyn, I have enough time?"

"Yeah, you have until seven in the morning to prepare and that's quite a few hours," stated the judge.

"I don't want the job." Amberle quipped just as the woman grabbed her purse. "What do you mean you don't want the job?" She glared at the brunette.

"I don't want to work for you."

"Funny, you don't have a choice."

"What?"

"You don't have a choice" reiterated the woman.

"Why do I need this job?"

"For two reasons: one, so that I can have eyes on you at all times and two, so you'll be able to earn your own money."

"So, it's not to pay you back?" She asked.

"That would be incredibly stupid, I'm paying you so that you can pay me back in the end? Of course not."

"So how am I going to be paying you back then if not with money?"

"By changing your attitude and your behaviour. Money is disposable for me, I guess you've figured that out by now. As I've stated my goal is to shape you nicely and however long it takes to complete, in the end, that'll be your payment to me, being a better you all together."

"Are you for real?"

"I am for real. If I were you I'd get some rest because I expect you to be at my office at 8 sharp. Don't be late, okay?"

"Yeah, understood."

"Yes, who?"

"Yes, miss."

"Good girl," the woman smirked while ignoring the girl's frown. She was about to leave when Amberle stopped her. "It has just occurred to me that I don't know where your office is located,"

"No worries, I have faith that you'll find it," she said, turning her back to the brunette.