Chapter 8 - Flashbacks of a bird-brain

"Er...guys?" I asked.

As soon as we had come outside, we had bumped into Miroku and Inuyasha. They seemed surprised by my new outfit and were staring at me with wide eyes.

"Ta-dah! Doesn't she look pretty?" Kagome asked.

Nobody answered and I let out an akward laugh.

"I think I'm going to...take a walk. Yeah, I'm taking a walk now. Bye!" I waved and ran away.

Boy was that akward! I thought.

I decided to take a trip in the fields. The fields would have a lot of nice space, and maybe some food too!

I settled myself on the grass and looked around at the scenery.

The hill towered over the grassy planes and forests, casting one big shadow.

Once I had a clear look, I noticed the scene was very familiar.

There was a big dent in the ground of the forest and the trees beside it were dead and crooked.

That was the forest I used to train in with my father! I thought with delight.

Given that I had developed my father's magic powers, as well as my mother's wolf instincts, I had to train hard to control it.

Father used to say that if I didn't learn to control my powers, the area would be in utter chaos.

But it did turn to chaos...

My head started to hurt. I tried to get up, only to stumble back down in the grass.

What is happening?!

I heard a muffled laughter and singing.

The singing was beautiful, and I would have liked to know who was doing it, if only I could see past all the light.

Bells started to ring in my head and the laughter got louder.

"Hey, papa? Where's mommy?"

"She's watching over us from far away,"

"Why did she have to go? I wish she would come back to see us some time."

"Yeah, me too."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Alright, Myou, this time you have to spread your wings like this, see?"

"But papa, I'm scared!"

"Don't be silly, flying's fun!"

"Flying's...fun..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Goodnight, sleep tight."

"'Night, papa."

"'Night."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I've been expecting you, Isamu."

"...what do you want?"

"Only your power, my dear."

"...No!"

"Then I shall have your daughter,"

"You will leave my daughter alone!"

"Is that so?,"

"Grrr!"

"Well then...I suppose I have no choice..."

"What?- Aaaaargh!"