woman

"Mara, I really like you." Harry whispered in my ear, I liked Harry too. But I was in love with Trent and that mattered more than some silly thing with Harry.

 But I was in love with Trent and that mattered more than some silly thing with Harry

"Harry, please don't. I-I love Trent."
Somehow it was even harder saying it out loud.

"Mara, don't lie to yourself. Please." I hated that it had come to this point, it wasn't fair that he was doing this. It was my sister's wedding, he was a friend that I'd invited because I didn't want to go alone.

I pulled away from Harry and the music faded, "You can't tell me who I do and don't love. I invited you here, as a—as a friend." He shook his head and a curl flopped onto his forehead, he brushed it back. I pushed away from Harry and grabbed my clutch off of the table.

"Mara, please. I-I wrote a song for you." He blurted out, I turned around and looked at him in the eyes. I was tired, and I was exhausted, but if I really didn't mean something to him, he wouldn't have written a song for me. So I took a seat and Harry ran off to Max.

Harry dug a piece of paper out of his back pocket and handed it to the band who hadn't had much of a chance to play tonight. I hadn't ever heard Harry sing before. He said that he wrote music, but I hadn't ever asked anything more about it.

He pressed his lips to the microphone and began to speak, "I wrote this song for someone very special, and I didn't really expect to be able to perform it. But here we go."

The song wasn't as slow as I expected, but it wasn't very upbeat either. It was a song that I'd most likely sway along to if I heard it on the radio.

*Woman—Harry Styles—Harry Styles*

I'm selfish, I know
But I don't ever want to see you with him
I'm selfish, I know
I told you, but I know you never listen

I bit my bottom lip, and it was to keep from crying this time again. He'd actually wrote a song for me, and he was performing it right in front of my eyes, for me.

I hope you can see the shape that I'm in
While he's touching your skin
He's right where I should, where I should be
But you're making me bleed

The lyrics were so real, and it was so painful that they were. It broke me to pieces, and apparently, it was doing the same to him as well.

Woman. Woman.
La la la la la la la la

The lyrics rolled off of tongue so easily and I wondered if he'd ever practiced this before in his apartment.

I listened to the song a little longer and caught Amara's eyes looking right at me. She smiled and gestures towards Harry who was still deep into the song, his eyes were closed as he sang. His voice was so beautiful that I wondered if he'd ever tried getting his music out there before.

When Harry finished, I picked up my clutch and ran out of the tent, crying. It wasn't fair. How could he do this to me? I'd been perfectly fine with Trent and then Harry had come in.

"Mara! Where are you going?" Harry called out from the tent, I wiped away the tears and the mascara from my cheeks. I couldn't face Harry, I was too ashamed. He'd poured his heart out into those lyrics, and I couldn't even speak a word.

"Harry, I need to get home to Trent. Thanks for coming, but I think I'll just get an Uber home, it isn't best that we talk anymore."

I broke two hearts that night, one was my own.

-

American hotline for domestic abuse:1-800-799-SAFE (7233).

Website link for more information and numbers:
http://www.thehotline.org

Watch these:
https://youtu.be/WL3rfk2iFww
https://youtu.be/hhHdIhfK7LQ
https://youtu.be/5Z_zWIVRIWk

-

I know! I know! I was doing so good with 1000+ word chapters! But it was only right to end the chapter when I did.

I was going to add the 'one month later' thing in this chapter. But I felt like it should have its own chapter.

And Woman literally has the lyrics that are kinda similar to what Harry feels about Marielle, so I thought it'd be nice for him to write that song about her.

Thanks for reading!

-Brisa