Chapter 6 - Dreaming Of You

Harry

Grace and I sat on the cold sand, wind blowing in our hair , she shivered which signaled me to pull her closer. We watch the sun peek over the ocean to start off the morning of a new day, even though it was a little chilly out, this moment was too perfect to pass up. Grace looked up at me, I could see the mirror image of the sun in her eyes.

¨Thanks for bringing me here, it´s beautiful¨ Grace said closing her eyes, then opening them to look back out to the ocean. I smiled at this. 

¨Yeah, you are.¨ I whispered looking at her. The sun rise was really beautiful, but really it was nothing in comparison to her. Grace´s face lit up as she turned to me, both of us flicking our vision back and forth from our eyes to our lips. I lean in, inching towards her, when suddenly Grace releases a scream. 

¨Why are you screaming?¨ I said startled. What´s going on? 

My eyes shot open. It was just a dream, but wait.. I still hear screaming? 

I jump out of bed and ran down the hall to the bathroom, Louis backing out and shutting the door behind him. 

¨DUDE. THERE´S A GIRL IN OUR BATHROOM.¨ Louis screamed at me. 

¨Calm down, she stayed the night. Her name is Grace.¨I said, holding my head. All this screaming was giving me a headache. 

¨Ohhhhh, I see.¨ Louis teased grinning at me. ¨Well, they usually don´t sleep over. This one must be special.¨ 

Grace opened the door to reveal herself wrapped in a towel soaking wet. Her wavy hair all to one side and her olive skin with goose bumps. 

Damn. 

Louis stared at her and then back at me, and smirked. ¨Well, are you going to properly introduce us? Or are you just going to stand there checking her out?¨ 

Grace´s eyes widen and she looked down, blushing. Well this is embarrassing. 

Note to self: Get back at Louis later

¨Shut up. Grace, this is my friend and roommate Louis, Louis this is Grace. Shes just a friend.¨ I said, trying to take some of the load off of me and Grace. I know Louis, and neither of us would hear the end of it until I explain to him how we really met. Poor girl has enough going on, the last thing she needs is this kid on her case about spending the night with me, which judging by the way she looks now, I wouldn´t have minded anyway. But no, I can´t think of her that way. It wouldn´t be right..

¨Right, right. A friend. Anyway I´m leaving to meet up with Zayn for a movie. We´re going to lunch later if you two would like to join us. It was a pleasure to meet you Grace, sorry for walking in on you like that.¨ Louis said, taking her hand and kissing it. I rolled my eyes.

¨Okay, okay, that´s enough Louis. We'll see you later. Bye¨ I said quickly, rushing him out. Grace must have felt so awkward and not going to lie, I didn´t really want him to be kissing her hand. Not that I´m jealous or anything but, I don´t know.

When I finally got him out of the house, I turned to Grace who was still standing there awkwardly with her towel. That´s right, she doesn´t have any clean clothes. 

¨Do you need a shirt or something? Sorry about Louis, he´s a bit crazy like I told you last night. The boy means well, but he can be a lot to handle, haha¨ I said grabbing an old shirt for her and a pair of boxers. 

Grace took them and smiled and said warmly, ¨Thanks, and it´s really okay. He scared me at first, but he´s nice.¨ 

¨Do you want to meet up with them for lunch?¨I asked her. I didn´t want to push her to do anything she didn´t want to do. I didn´t know much about her, and really I only met her last week, but I feel like I have to look out for her and help her out. Like an obligation, but one that I want to do. After seeing that disgusting man chasing her yesterday, I could only imagine what he would have done if I hadn´t been out for a walk last night. I know she didn´t tell me the whole story of how she came to be homeless, that much was obvious. I could see it in her eyes that she´s been through a lot, and I´m going to make it so that her life is better. Even if it´s just simple things like going out to lunch with friends.