Chapter 8

When I got to the base I was surrounded by a group of angry assassins.

"Hey guys." I tried to act as normal as possible but they all had weapons drawn. "So you told them Akame?"

The girl in question stepped forward and spoke up, loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Y/N, just what are you?" She too had her sword pointed at my chest.

"I'm no different to the first day you met me, just calm down and let me explain." I held my hands up as a sign of surrender.

However only one member of Night Raid lowered their guard.

Sheele ran up to me and hugged me tightly, to which I returned it.

"Thank you for trusting me." I whispered.

She didn't reply but she gave me the biggest smile I'd ever seen from her, which made it all worth it.

Damn this girl was really stealing my heart.

~~~~~~

"So." After gathering everyone around the table I spoke up. "As Akame has probably told you, I'm not... as innocent as I seem."

I tried to stall for as long as I could, this is nerve racking.

"As you may know, Teigu's aren't always in physical form, they can be biological or something that gives you powers." I start explaining before Najenda chimed in.

"Yes, like Esdeath."

"Yes, this has nothing to do with that." I give a smirk before getting a slap around the back of the head from Mine.

"Just get to the point!" She shouted and I gently nodded my head.

"I'm not human." They all gasped and I just continued. "Well not entirely human anyway, I'm an experiment."

I sit back down and try to ignore all their looks.

"I'm part Danger Beast, part human, part... something you don't want to know." I shivered as I spoke and I stood back up determined. "However, that doesn't change the fact that I'm me... sorry for not telling you the truth sooner."

With that final word I left to go to my room, I'd stunned the entire group. Not even Leone or Mine had anything more to say.

I locked my bedroom door behind me and flopped onto my bed, I'm just going to sleep with off.

~~~~~~

5 minutes into trying to sleep there was a knock at my door, to which I begrudgingly got up and answered.

"Hello?" I said as I saw Leone stood behind the door. "Can I help you?"

"Um..." Wow, I don't think I'd ever seen this girl struggling for words.

"Come in." I said, opening the door wide.

I looked down the corridor and saw people quickly hide behind the corner, watching us.

"So, I'm assuming you won and they're here to keep tabs?" I said quietly to Leone who looked suprised but nodded.

"Everyone wanted to come and check on you, but we played rock, paper, scissors and I won." She smiled happily as she jumped and hugged me. "And now we'll be all alone."

I had a momentary panic as her... I can't think of a more PG word for boobs... pushed up against me, but managed to recollect myself when I realised she was doing it to annoy the others.

"Well, maybe we'll have to make use of this time wisely." I said fairly loudly and Leone smirked as she caught on.

I pushed myself against her more and she gasped lightly, that was the kicker for everyone outside, the door was kicked in by Mine.

She paused her face bright red as she stared at us close together.

I let go of Leone and walked up so I was directly infront of the malfunctioning Mine.

"Boop." I poked her nose and she ran off holding her face. "She so innocent it's funny."

I looked back and saw the others stood by looking in suprise at the scene.

"W-what were you doing in there?" Akame stuttered.

"Teasing you lot." I said, trying to show no sign of paranoia from earlier. "I'm going to go home for a while."

"You're not going anywhere." Najenda stood blocking the corridor.

"What do you mean?" I asked and the boss took her... what even is it, it's a smoking stick, whatever it is... out of her mouth.

"I've got a job for you." She said and I internally screamed, I wasn't in the mood for this. "It's a assassination."

"Of course it is." I sighed as I went back to my bedroom to grab my cloak. "I'm going to need a weapon though."

"You don't have a weapon yet?" Najenda seemed genuinely suprised.

"Nope, I mean I have a hidden knife in my shoe if that counts." I shrugged my shoulders and the boss walked off towards a back room.

"We have some spare Teigus in here, nothing as powerful as the rest of us... but they'll do."

I stepped inside and turned on the light, inside was a mostly empty room with a few weapons inside.

There was a dusty looking shield, a half destroyed helmet and a few others.

Nothing in particular caught my eye until I found something tucked away in the corner.

I walked over to it and carefully picked it up.

It was a sword, a bit like Akame's but a longer.

It had some sort of inscription written on it, I wasn't fluent in whatever language it was thought, that's for sure.

"I'll take this." I ran my finger along it and I could tell it was still pretty sharp even after being sat there for a while.

"Very well." Najenda said as she let me out, locking the door behind her.

"Heyyyy, how come I'm not aloud in there..." Tatsu complained and I just patted him in the back.

"Right, fill me in on the details." I said and I got told what was happening straight away.

~~~~~~

That was ridiculously easy, I'd hidden my face using my mask so they wouldn't be able to tell who I was even I accidently left a guard alive.

However after cleaning my blade I walked to the library, if this was in fact an imperial arms I wanted to know what this said.

And where better to work it out than a library.

~~~~~~

And scene.

I have so many books I'm working on in the background that I forget that I have ones published I'm supposed to be writing...

Oblivion, fading out.