1. Night deal

"Sir?"

Thirty-five years old Ash Ketchum was quickly typing on his laptop with his eyes fixed on the screen. It was dark outside and he was still at office, sitting at his desk since the morning. His tie was loosened, his belt was unbuckled and his desk was mostly occupied by empty latte goblets.

"Sir?"

"Huh-huh?" Ash finally looked up. His assistant stood at the door. "What?"

"Can I leave?"

"Of course, go home. It's late."

"Good night, sir..." His assistant Raja smiled weakly and left the office.

"Uhm." Ash was still looking at his laptop screen.

After he heard the door of his office close, Ash took a deep breath and leaned back on his chair. "Ugh, my back..."

He rubbed the back of his neck and cocked his head to the side, groaning at the pain he felt. He barely moved from this chair today.

Ash glanced at the clock on the wall. It was ten thirty. "I should not keep forgetting to tell Raja to get home early..."

But what could he do? He was a busy man. He was vice-president. He's worked so hard during eight years and he's finally gotten promoted a year ago. He deserved to be in the office he's now in. His life was about work. He breathed work. His job was his accomplishment in life.

He sighed heavily. "I'm so tired..."

Hearing a 'ding' sound, he quickly pulled close to his laptop and checked his email. He beamed when he read the response. "Yes! I did!"

He pushed his chair to the back and stood up. "Yes! I got this contract!"

He sat down quickly on his chair to write his reply. He quickly sent the email and leaned back again on his chair, letting a heavy sigh.

"TAKE THAT, MISTY WILLIAMS!"

Twenty-eight years old Misty Williams was intelligent, beautiful and hardworking. She always got what she wanted, and she put her mind in something when she wanted it.

"Good morning, miss Williams."

"Good morning!"

Misty bowed her head slightly as she walked in fast steps to her office, her high heels clicking.

She came right face to face with President Lee as she was just about get inside her office.

"Good morning, sir." She bowed her head slightly and stood straight.

"Good morning, my dear. You seem very in shape this morning." Mr. Lee put his arms behind him, smiling at the young lady.

"I'm ready for the day, sir."

He glanced down at his wristwatch. He told the redhead, "Always in time. You never disappoint me."

"And I hope I never do, sir." As she looked up, Misty noticed him just getting out of his office and stretching his arms high.

"Unlike Mr. Ketchum, sir." Misty smiled in victory. "He seems still asleep and it's nine already."

"Oh." President turned around. He then looked at Misty, chuckling. "That Ash. He spent the night at office! He's so hardworking."

Misty's face expression instantly changed. She felt like killing Ash with her looks.

"He got a very important deal last night with a company from Kalos. I must go congratulate him." President smiled at Misty. "He deserves credits."

Misty hissed as she watched President Lee talked to Ash and shake hands with him. A few colleagues who were standing near them started clapping their hands.

Ash glanced over at her, giving her a very dirty smirk.

And that's when Misty just got inside her office and slammed the door shut.

"I can't stand him! I just can't! Ugh!" Misty shouted to herself as she paced back and forth in her office. "I hate him! I hate him! I can't stand this asshole anymore!"

Misty walked over to her chair and sat down. "I'm so mad right now! I can't focus!" She got up and started pacing back and forth. "I can't!"

There was a knock on the door but Misty didn't react. The door opened and her colleague May got inside. "Misty?"

"Don't talk!" Misty was still pacing back and forth in her office.

"You probably heard about the contract, then..." May shrugged. She crossed her arms over her chest. "You must admit he's good."

"What?" Misty stopped in her tracks. "Are you kidding me?"

"He got the company a deal in the middle of the night."

"Ash is scared of me and that's why he's blocking my promotion!" Misty shouted. "He's doing it on purpose! He doesn't want me to become vice-president like him!"

"You really have to make peace with him, then."

"I don't get it-I just don't get it!" Misty started walking in her office. "All he ever does he stuff his face with food and sleep! So what if he spends nights in his office? It doesn't mean he was working all night! He was sleeping!"

May nodded her head to herself. "Maybe."

"I'm billion times better than Ash, May." Misty spoke confidently. "I deserve to be vice-president. I deserved that promotion a year ago. I work hard, I have connections and I don't eat all day long in my office!"

May cocked her head. "It'd have been you if Ash hadn't joined this company before you."

Misty groaned. "I hate him! I hate his guts! I hate seeing his face!"

Misty and Ash's rivalry started when Misty joined the company. Ash was back then in the Human Resources department. For recruiting, President always asked for his opinion, and his opinion on Misty wasn't so good. He thought she was cocky and wasn't ready for business.

"Luck brought you here, Misty. It's because I said yes to you in the end." He's told her once.

Ash stayed nights at office and Misty came earlier than anyone else. Both were working hard to get the president's attention and get to work in the presidency office.

A year ago, Ash was promoted to vice-president and Misty was promoted to associate vice-president.

"I'm not saying age matters, but I really want you to learn more from Ash. I trust him and he'll tell me when you're ready to become a vice-president as well."

President has literally put her future in the hands of her arch enemy, Ash Ketchum.

Misty let a loud scream and kept hitting her desk.

"Are you okay, Misty?" May blinked.

"NO!"

"In the end..." May went to take a seat facing Misty's desk. "Ash is a man."

Misty looked at her. "Huh?"

"I mean... he's a man!" May shrugged. "He's like just any other man! He has desires and he likes... and... I don't know..."

"Are you trying to say I should flash my boobs to Ash to get promoted?" Misty glared.

"Of course not." May pulled close. "But he'll certainly tell President to promote you if you seduce him and date him!"

"Get away from me!"

May quickly got out of Misty's office, dodging Misty's heel that hit the door instead.

"This girl is crazy!"

-

shoutout to twerpish who danced on her bed when she saw this