21. Resignation

Hey, this is Ash Ketchum speaking. I'm out of reach currently so please leave a message after the beep.

"Hey Ash it's me." Misty got out of her car and headed toward the company building. "I just wanted to say that I'm already at work because I got a call from May. I went to your residence but the janitor said you left early this morning."

Misty saluted a few coworkers on her way to the elevator, the phone still pressed against her ear. "Please call when you get this message, okay? I'll see at work. Love you."

Misty hung up the call and pressed the elevator button. "He woke up so early today..."

Right when the elevator door opened and Misty stepped out, everyone started clapping their hands.

Misty stood still. "Huh?"

"Misty!" May squealed and tackled her friend in a hug. "Congratulations!"

"W-w-what?" Misty looked left and right, trying to locate Ash. "What's happening?"

May shoved out of the way. President came up to Misty and extended his hand.

Misty's mouth opened.

"Congratulations on becoming vice-president, Miss Williams. You deserve it."

Misty shook hands with President. She was shocked, but also happy. This is what she was waiting and hoping for.

"Thank you! Thank you so much." Misty bowed her head to everyone who was around, clapping their hands. "Thank you."

After the President left, May went to hug Misty again. "Yay! Misty! I'm so happy for you!"

"I'm so excited!"

"Me too!"

The other colleagues shook hands with her one after another.

"Your new office!" May giggled, gesturing to the open door of an office.

"Mine?" Misty blinked. She headed toward the office and got inside. She looked around. "This one is mine now?"

"Yes!" May giggled. "I should go now. Bye!" She rushed away.

"Where is Ash, then..." This office was Ash's, but everything inside was changed and all of his things were gone.

Misty turned around when she heard the clicking sounds of heels. It was Raja.

"Good morning, Miss Williams. Congratulations on your promotion."

"Uh, thank you..." Misty smiled weakly. "Do you know where did they move Ash?"

"Mr. Ketchum quit his job, miss Williams."

Misty dropped her phone and purse. She stepped to the back. "W-what?"

"Mr. Ketchum quit his job." Raja repeated in a cold manner. "I'll be assisting you starting today."

"What-what?" Misty panicked. She chuckled. She looked at Raja. "What is this bullshit you're saying? Where is Ash—is this some kind of dirty joke or what?"

"This is a multinational company, Miss Williams. We don't joke around here." Raja put her hands in front of her. "I think you know this more than anyone else."

"What are you implying? Are you crazy?"

"You stabbed Mr. Ketchum in the back, that's what." Raja tried to be calm but her voice betrayed her. "I'll be outside if you need anything, bitch."

"Stabb—what are you talking about?" Misty followed her outside. "Where is Ash?"

"I don't know." Raja sat at her desk and turned on her laptop.

"What do you mean you don't know? He came here, right? Where is he?" Misty could barely breathe. She felt like suffocating.

"I don't know. I'm no longer his assistant."

Misty sobbed. She fell to her knees. Raja pushed her chair to the back and tried to help her up. "Miss Williams! Are you okay?"

"Misty?"

"Misty! Are you okay?"

"Leave me alone! All of you!" Misty cried out. "Leave me alone!" She pushed everyone out of her was and headed to the stairs, almost running into Gary and knocking him over.

"What the..." Gary watched her rush downstairs quickly. "Hey!"

He noticed the gathering near the office. "What's going on?"

"We don't know..."

"She was okay just a minute ago."

"What a weird woman..."

Gary stood close to Raja. He said, "Why is she in Ash's office?"

"Mr. Ketchum quit..."

The shock was written all over Gary's face. He got inside the office, looking around it.

"He's really gone." Raja frowned. "President told me he presented his resignation letter and insisted he leaves."

Gary sighed heavily.

"I guess he sees the empty half of the bottle."