17. Flower

May was watching the vacations board curiously. She crossed her arms over her chest.

"Hey May." Raja happened to walk by. She paused. "What is it?"

May gestured to the board.

"Oh, right." Raja nodded. "Mr. Ketchum took more days off to make the break longer! It's the first time in a very long time he actually goes on a real vacation."

"Misty too."

Raja looked at the board.

Ash Ketchum – out of office from 03/01 to 03/21 – back on 03/23. Urgent matters are to be addressed to: Presidency office

Misty Williams – out of office from 03/01 to 03/21 – back on 03/23. Urgent matters are to be addressed to: Presidency office

"Oh, well..." Raja shrugged. "If they're together..."

May looked at the woman. "Ash and Misty can't go on vacation at the same time. They are supposed to be replacing each other."

"I don't think it's that big of a deal. There isn't any work pending."

"My point is..." May whispered to Raja, "This fake thing is going too far."

"Hey Ash! Long time no see!"

"Hey man!"

"How you doing in Goldenrod city?"

"It must be fun!"

Ash high five'd his old friends. "It is." He put his hands in his pockets. "I'd like you to meet someone."

"Ouuuuuuu."

"It's happening, man! It's happening!"

"I've heard something about it!"

"That almond over there?" One of the guys pointed at Misty who was giving them her back as she sniffed flowers and talked to the flower shop owner. "She's got a fine ass!"

"Shhh, she'll hear." Ash hissed. He turned to his left. "Mist?"

Misty turned around.

"Could you come here for a second?"

The redhead adjusted her sunglasses on her head and walked toward the group. She was wearing a tight fitting tank top, high-waist mini shorts and high heel wedge sandals. "Yes?"

"I'd like you to meet my friends from school." Ash was exchanging looks with the guys. "This is Misty, my girlfriend."

"Hi." Misty shook hands with all of them. "Nice to meet you all."

"Same, princess."

"We hope you like town."

"The weather is hot, isn't it?"

"Sure is." Misty waved her hand in front of her face. She put her hand on Ash's shoulder. "I'll be in the flower shop." Misty headed back to the shop.

"Sure. Flowers gotta be in the flower shop."

Ash chuckled. "She'll hear."

"Now I remember!" One of them snapped suddenly. "She's the same woman Gary told me about!"

"Was Gary spreading news about me already?"

"Actually, he said something about this Misty dating you to get promoted or something."

Ash stopped smiling. "What?"

"Gary always gets drunk when he comes to town! He was probably just blabbering out again."

"Misty looks hot anyway."

"You should definitely stay with her."

"Right..." Ash took out his phone to answer the call. "Yes, mom?" He waved goodbye to his friends and turned to look toward the flower shop. "Okay. We'll get home."

"We won't take long. We're just a few minutes away." He walked toward Misty and wrapped his arm around her waist. "Alright."

"Hum?" Misty smiled at him.

"Lunch is ready. We should go back."

"Okay then." Misty bowed her head to the shop owner and she and Ash started walking away. She showed him the flowers she bought. "I bought lilies. Aren't they beautiful?"

"Uhm. Mom likes flowers and plants. She's got a green thumb."

"I hope so! I want her to like me."

"I think she likes you already. She's been nice since we got here." No calling him useless, no hitting him with the broom, no making him pull weeds. Plus, Delia hasn't made any rude comment in front of Misty. She wasn't all smiley and sweet, but she was polite and she didn't make Misty feel uncomfortable.

Misty walked ahead and got on Ash's way, making him stop walking. She cupped his cheeks and placed a slow kiss on his lips.

"I'm dizzy." He joked after they pulled away from each other.

Misty chuckled and started walking ahead. Ash watched her the whole time...

"That jerk. He's probably just jealous." Ash mumbled to himself and walked quicker to catch up with Misty.