11. Shopping

"So? How come Serena changed completely her mind and got back home to fetch her things for college?"

Ash watched his thirty-eight years old cousin Sarah look through the clothes in front of her. Every time Sarah came to Goldenrod city, she made Ash take her out to the malls. Even though Ash hated going to the mall and anything related to shopping (the woman often bought him clothes as gifts for a good reason), he can't refuse Sarah anything when she puts her hands on her hips.

"How would I know?" Ash shrugged.

Sarah turned around and slapped Ash.

"Hey!"

"Don't play that dense idiot with me." Sarah slapped his arm and turned her attention back to the clothes. "Speak up."

"Don't do this in front of people." Ash complained.

Sarah turned toward him again, glaring.

"I told her she should go to Goldenrod University instead of marrying me." Ash confessed. "She's got great grades. She deserves a scholarship. She has a bright future awaiting. Is there a problem with the things I said?"

"No, Ash. I think you did right," Sarah commented. "You'd make her go nuts anyway."

"Yeah, I would." Ash rolled his eyes.

Sarah grabbed a few shirts and put them in the bag. "Can you try some shirts for Ray? He's the same size as you."

"Is this why you asked me to come?"

"You're just going to wear shirts, Ash. What's the big deal?"

"Why didn't he come anyway?" Ash sighed. He grabbed the shirts.

"He's been out of Celadon for a few days." Sarah made her way toward the changing rooms. "He took Mason on a camping trip."

"And why didn't you go?"

Sarah made a face. "I don't want my beautiful body all covered in bugs bites."

"So beautiful body."

"I won't kill you because I still need you to try these." Sarah opened the curtains of a changing room.

She spoke up after Ash got in. "You know... there is a woman in this store who's been watching us since we stepped in."

"Huh? What?"

"Nothing." Sarah slid the curtains shut. "We're taking the ones that fit you! Okay?"

"I knew it wasn't for your husband..." Ash mumbled.

"Don't be a dick. I'm doing you a favor!" Sarah looked to her left from the corner of her eye. "You need clothes anyway."

Sarah took a deep breath. She walked up quickly and put her hand on the woman's shoulder. "You."

She turned around. "Huh?"

"Is there a reason why you've been watching us all the time?" Sarah crossed her arms over her chest. "Do you have a problem? Huh?"

"I-it's not what you think-"

"It's not what I think? Then what is it? You tell me!"

"Sarah? This on-..." Ash stopped talking when he saw the two women. He quickly headed toward them and dragged Sarah by the arm.

"This freckled woman has got a problem, Ash!"

Ash was shocked to see Misty. He instantly said, "This is Misty, my colleague..."

Sarah blinked. She said, "Oh."

"Oh! Hi Ash!" Misty greeted, panicking. "I think your girlfriend got everything wrong!"