18. Reaching Rome

"It was so much fun!" Misty spoke excitedly to May who was sitting across from her in the office. "Pallet town is small but I visited a lot of places! I got some local beauty products too! It's all natural."

"Really?"

"Ash said his mom was nicer than usual!" Misty giggled. "Right when we were about to leave, she told me Ash told her he loves me!"

"Oh." May sat straight. "I didn't see that coming."

"Me neither!" Misty sighed. She smiled.

"I mean, you did it." May shrugged. "Ash is in love with you. He's under your mercy."

Misty gulped. She sat straight. "W-well, I think his feelings aren't new. It's like he started liking me a long time ago..."

"And he was getting on the way of your promotion because you always ignored him and treated him bad." May put her hand on her palm. "Is that so?"

Misty cleared her throat. "I don't know."

"Is it your case too?" She asked. "Did you start liking him a long time ago?"

"What are you talking about? I'm not dating Ash because I l-"

"Quit it, Misty." He friend smiled. "It's all over your face."

Misty remained silent for a moment. She spun on her chair.

"Oh my, Dawn was right all this time!" May sighed heavily. "She used to say you fell for Ash on your first day of work!"

"Not the first day! What the hell?" Misty huffed. "Who is he? James Bond?"

"And he was playing hard to get and getting on your nerves..." May giggled. "He made you so mad."

Misty sighed. "Oh, please..."

"I think he was trying to get your attention." May said. "We all thought at some point that Ash liked you. It was in the air and he looked at you in a very special way."

"Special way?"

May spoke in a lower voice, "He likes your body."

Misty laughed. "Tell me about it!"

"But, recently, he was starting to do a better job hiding it. I almost forgot he could have feelings for you."

Misty looked down at her hands. She brushed her white-painted nails. "During the interview..."

"Hum?"

Misty looked up. She blushed. "He was in my job interview with President. I thought he was cute and I liked when he asked me questions."

"This relationship had its ups and downs, but now I think it's working out." May smiled at her friend. "And Ash looks in a great mood this morning! The vacation did well to him. His face was glowing!"

Misty laughed. "He lazed around! He couldn't button his pants this morning."

May gasped. "I knew something was different about him!" she pointed at Misty. "You still look the same!"

"I'm Misty Williams."

"Oh, yeah?"

"I was giving my food to Ash! It's that easy."

"You little cheater." May got up. "And now what?"

Misty spun a little on her chair. "We'll begin burning calories starting tonight."

"That's not what I meant!" May tried to hit her friend with a folder.

Misty giggled loudly.

"I'm glad you're happy." May was standing near the door. "The grudge you held against Ash was poisoning everything."