Part 8

Beads of sweat began dripping down your face and neck the more those strikes were hitting you, the time between each shortening drastically, barely giving you any respite. Then you felt it, between your legs a warm fluid trickling down steadily. You wanted to look down and check whether it was blood or not but the pain was unbearable and you dropped your upper body on the cushions.

Your screams increased in volume the more your felt the weight within you pressing in your lower stomach and seemingly ripping you apart.

Panic gained you, you did not want to deliver unprepared, so unexpectedly and alone.

Within a few meters, where Taehyung was busy training werewolves in the nearby clearing, he felt something spreading within him, a familiar sentiment he dreaded feeling once again.

He frowned towards where the citadelle was, lingering his stare there.

"Did you come here to daydream?" Snorted the Alpha, playfully bumping into your husband's body.

His stare shifted from a confused one to a worried, "Something's wrong..."

"Alright," Sighed the older man after some time. "Go to her."

Taehyung needed no more to suddenly vanish from sight and run the quickest his extraordinary abilities allowed him to.

Seconds later and he arrived in the staircase leading to your room. His heart faltered when he heard your cries of pain and immediately resumed his race up to you.

He came in and froze when he saw you, squirming, twisting on the bed in agony. He rushed to your sides and called out your name, keeping his hands to him.

"The baby- I want to push-" you whined looking down at your belly before kicking your head back.

Panic filled Taehyung's eyes. He was at a loss and his thoughts did not make sense as he tried to come up with a solution.

"I got you," He finally breathed. "I got your, sweetheart."

He did not know if he chose the best option when he positioned himself between your legs he had raised onto the mattress but when he took a look at your swollen vagina and saw the top of your baby's head, there was not any time to waste.

He ran to get water in a basin from the bathroom and a couple of clean towels to wrap your baby in after the delivery.

Taehyung looked back at you when you cried out again, fisting the sheets that threatened to be ripped from the harsh grip of your nails.

"Remember to breath, love." He did not want to sound so afraid but he could not help either the memory of your first delivery, images of your lifeless body flashing in his mind.

Taehyung shook his head and forced himself to focus on the reality, where you were alive and hurting and needing him.

"Take a deep breath and push with all your strength when you feel the need."

His eyes were darting between your frowned, flushed face and your intimacy, stretching a little bit every time you would clench your body and push the baby further outward.

You tried not to focus on the pain, tried your best when all your body could do was to converge all your senses to that pain. You encouraged yourself, thinking that you baby was not in a better place either, feeling compressed uncomfortably between your spasming muscles.

You clenched your jaw, blocked your breath, hands pulling on the back of your thighs and pushed with all your might.

The numbing feeling from the lack of breath began to subside the pain, it felt soothing.