Travis Konecny: Bruise

You felt like a bad girlfriend. Instead of being at Travis's game tonight you were in the library trying to teach yourself molecular biology for your exam in a few days. Focusing so hard on what you needed to learn, you were only taking breaks to check the score.

You especially felt like a bad girlfriend because you weren't there to see the hit. You didn't even know that it had happened. You had only seen that the Flyers had won, 3-1.

You walked into Travis's apartment after eight and half hours in the library, feeling like a zombie. You threw your bag down on the kitchen counter and went to go sit on the couch, sinking into it's soft fabric. Glancing, at the clock you realized your boyfriend would be home soon, seeing as his game had just ended. So, you decided to turn on the TV hoping to catch some of the highlights.

At first, you smiled, seeing Travis score a goal early in the first. But you didn't like what you saw next.

Travis was hit hard by a member of the opposing team, not hard enough to be out of the game. But you could see by the look on his face that he was in pain. Just then, you heard the door open. Quickly, you changed the channel, putting on something more distracting.

"Hey!" You called, so that he would know that you were home.

"Hi." He replied, you could hear him wincing as he bent down to take his shoes off.

"Congrats on the goal!" You wanted to see if he would tell you about the hit, or if he would just ignore it and pretend it didn't exist.

"Oh you saw that, huh?" He smiled at you.

You walked across the room to meet him, standing int he kitchen, helping to his suit jacket off. He leaned into to give you a kiss.

"Did you get a lot of studying done at the library? He asked you, reaching into the refrigerator for a water bottle.

"How bad is it?" You said, ignoring his question, reaching for his shirt, trying to see what you knew would probably be a nasty bruise.

"I was hoping you didn't see that hit." He said, turning to you. "It's fine." Instantly, knowing what you were talking about.

"Let me see."

"(Y/N). I swear its okay." He sighed. You crossed your arms giving him a look. He exhaled before turning to face you, sighing and lifting up your shirt to reveal the beginning of a nasty bruise.

"Travis." You gasped softly.

"It'll be okay, its just a bruise." He said, trying to reassure your worries.

"Just go sit down." You motion to couch, before walking over to your freezer and grabbing an ice pack. You sat down next to him, pressing the ice pack onto his bruise lightly.

"(Y/N), you don't have to do this, it'll be fine. It's just a bruise." He protested, trying to sit up.

"Would you just shut up and let me take care of you?" You said, gently pushing him back down on the couch.

"Thank you." He whispered into your ear.

"Mmmhmm." You mumbled. "You're lucky I'm pre-med." You smiled.

Travis chuckled, putting his arm around you, pulling you in closer to him. Where you spent the rest of night, watching TV and relaxing with the man you love.