Nolan Patrick: Good Luck

"Hello?"

"(Y/N)! Hey! What are you up to today?" You were awoken by the familiar ring of your cell phone, you thought about letting it go to voicemail, but you knew there was about a 1% chance it could be important you answered it. Instantly wishing you didn't and had going back to sleep, when you saw Nolan's name across your lock screen.

"Uh, considering its not even nine in the morning I'm sleeping." You said, holding the phone in front of your face in order to see the time.

"Well, uh, I just wanted to see-uh." You rolled your eyes, wishing he would just say what he needed to say.

"Nolan, just spit it out." You interrupted him, trying to rub the sleep out of your eyes.

"I just wanted to see if you were coming to my game today?" He asked.

"Seriously? Is that it? You fucking woke me up on a Saturday morning to ask me that?!" Nolan should have expected this, he knew how you were when you were cranky. You felt bad when the other end of the line remained silent. "You literally could have just texted me." You added.

"But, yes, I will be at your game." You said, opening your eyes for the first time since you had been woken up.

"Good." He answered. You couldn't see him, but you knew there was a giant smile on that kid's face. "Bye, (Y/N)." He said before hanging up.

You pressed the lock button on your phone, not wanting to look at any other notifications, before placing it face down on your bedside table. All you wanted to do was sleep.

Hours later, after you had properly woken up, worked out, and gotten ready; not bad for a lazy Saturday if you said so yourself, you heard a knock at the door. You had no idea who it could be, so you quietly grabbed the pepper spray sitting disguised on your kitchen counter before starting to walk to the front door, before you were interrupted.

"(Y/N), put down the pepper spray and let me in." Nolan said. You instantly sighed, still clutching the spray in your hands before going to unlock the door.

"What are you doing here?" You asked the man standing in your doorway.

"I brought you something." He said holding up a plastic shopping bag. "Although, I don't know if I should give it you after you tried to pepper spray me." He said, walking into your apartment.

"For all I know you could have been an axe murderer." You shrugged.

"It's 2 in the afternoon, what kind of axe murderer comes in the middle of the day?" He asked, his eyes widening. You shrugged again in response.

"So, what's in the bag?" You asked, trying to take it from his hands.

"Slow your roll there." He said before giving it to you. You ripped it from his hands, he laughed watching you, knowing how impatient you were. You saw that the bag contained, Nolan's favorite Flyers sweatshirt and your favorite chocolate.

"What is this for?" You gave him a confused chuckle.

"Well, I feel bad that I woke you up this morning, and I want you to wear my sweatshirt to the game." He said inching closer to you.

"Nols, this is too sweet but you didn't have to." He blushed at what you said. You loved that he blushed every time you called him Nols.

As the conversation died, a comfortable silence set in before Nolan got up and headed to the door, you were quick to stop him though.

"You don't have to go." You said.

"I don't want to take up you whole Saturday."

"Its not like I have anything else going on." You both laughed, it was true though. Giving in, he walked back tot he couch where he sat next to you, the TV going in the background.

"Are you nervous for the game tonight." He avoided eye contact, looking down, not answering your question.

"Nols." You said, getting his attention. "What's the matter?" You knew that this was a big game. Hell, with the end of the season coming up, every game was a big game. He shook his head. "Well, if there's anything I can do, let me know."

"Kiss me." He was almost instant to answer.

"No!" You turned to him, your face full of shock.

"C'mon, just give me a kiss!" He smiled.

"No."

"A kiss for good luck?"

"No, friends don't kiss friends." You said, set in your response.

"Well, looks like we're in the clear, because I don't want to be your friend."

"Oh." You were at a loss for words. You didn't know what you had done wrong.

"(Y/N), no, I don't want to be your friend." He repeated it and it just hurt more. "I want to be your boyfriend." He smiled, leaning in closer to you

"Oh." You said once again, but this time with an toothy grin.

"So, about that kiss." He trailed off, his eyes wandering.

"Can't risk the bad luck." You smiled, before pressing your lips to his- passionately, fully. Even though the two of you had kissed before, it felt like the first time, new and exciting, and in a lot of ways it was.