Auston Matthews: I'll Take Care of You

You walked down the tunnel, excited to see your boyfriend, Auston. You loved going to see him in the locker room after games, especially the games he won.

When you got there, he was still talking to the media so you went to talk to some of his teammates girlfriends. Your back was to him, but occasionally you would turn and catch his glance while he was in the middle of answering a question, making him smile. Once he was done, you made your way over to him, greeting him with a big hug.

"Great game, baby." You whispered in his ear.

"Thanks." He said, kissing your cheek. "Hey are you feeling okay." He looked at you breaking from the hug, but still holding you in his arms.

"Yeah, why?" You looked at him with a puzzled expression.

"I think you just got your period." He whispered in your ear. You expression turned to panic, and Auston could sense your embarrassment.

"Hey, don't worry, its okay I don't think anyone saw." He said taking your jacket off of you and tying it around your waist, subtly.

"Auston, I'm wearing white pants. Everyone saw." Embarrassed was an understatement, you were mortified, not just for yourself but for him as well. All you wanted to do was cry. You couldn't tell if it was from your PMS or embarrassment or both. Auston could sense this, and he put his arm around you.

"Why don't we go home, and I'll set up a nice bubble bath, and I have some ice cream that we can eat and we'll just sit watch movies until we fall asleep." HIs soft voice comforted you, and you gave him a soft smile in return.

The two of you walked to his car, when you got there he opened the door for you like always. You didn't want to ruin the leather seats of it, so you took your jacket off form around your waist and sat on it.

"What are you doing?" He asked, watching you.

"I don't want to ruin your seats, so I'm sitting on my jacket."

"I don't care about the seats, (Y/N). I want you to be comfortable." He said, helping you to remove the jacket form under you.

"Do you need me to stop and get you anything?" He turned over and asked you, resting his free hand on yours.

"No I'm okay, just embarrassed." You said, looking at your lap. "I'm sorry." You added.

"Why are you sorry?"

"Because I embarrassed you." You said, your sad eyes looking up to meet his.

"You didn't embarrass me, (Y/N)."

"But-" You were cut off by Auston. "You could never embarrass me." He said.

The rest of the drive was silent, as you laid your head against the window, closing your eyes. Auston glancing over at you every few minutes, checking on you.

He pulled into the parking garage next to his apartment building, and he got out first running around the car to open the door for you, reaching his hand down to you, helping you out of the car. As you walked to the elevator, you felt his hand firm but gentle on your lower back. He was cautious of every move you were making, and if he could make them easier he would.

Auston just wanted to take care of you.

He only removed his hand to take out his keys and unlock his apartment door. You lived ten minutes away in your own apartment on the outskirts of Toronto, but most nights you spent here with Auston.

"Go get changed, I'm going to get a bath started for you." He said, kissing your cheek before he walked away. Auston was always kind and loving towards you but he had never taken care of you like this before, he never really had to, Most of the time it was you taking care of him after a bad game or a hard hit. It felt nice to know that those feelings were being reciprocated.

After all of your clothes were off, you threw on an old t-shirt you kept at Austin's apartment to sleep in on, before grabbing your jeans and soaking them in cold water in the sink.

"Baby, don't worry about those." He said wrapping his arms around you. "I love these pants, though, and now they're ruined." You answered him, frustrated.

"Hey." He said softly, taking the jeans from your hands. "Why don't you go get in the water, it'll help you feel better. I'll do this, and if the stain doesn't come out then we can just get you new ones. Its not a big deal."

"Thank you." You said, looking up at him lovingly. He smiled, watching you take off the oversized shirt you were wearing and get into the water. "Feel nice?" He asked. "Perfect." You were met with a chuckle as he went back to trying to get the blood stain out of your jeans.

As he finished he walked up to you, sitting on the edge of the tub, still in his game day suit.

"I'm going to go change, do you need anything?" You shook your head in response, watching him walk away from you.

You through he had been gone for a while, but you weren't sure, you didn't have any sort of clock near you. As you saw him stroll back into the bathroom you saw why.

"Okay." He said placing the things he had brought back with him down on the counter next to the bathtub. "I brought some Advil and some water incase you have cramps, then I also grabbed you some pajamas, that I know you like. Is there anything else you need?"

"Can you go into that drawer." You said pointing you finger towards the main vanity. He nodded, turning his head to listen for your next directions. "I should have tampons in the flower printed bag." He nodded and grabbed the bag for you.

"You have tampons here?" He asked, his face half smiling.

"Ya, is that okay?"

"O-Of course its okay." He said sitting on the edge of the tub.

"Hey Auston." His head popped up to look at you, his eyes widened a little to let you know that he was listening. "Thank you for taking care of me." You smiled.

"Baby, I'll always take care of you." He said before leaning down to kiss you.