Secrets

The next morning had me in a bit of a fright. Nagi's chin was on my shoulder, his breath creeping up my neck, and his hand raised up to almost touch my bust. I flush and attempt to move a little and he takes a long exhale before sitting up. I look at him, his hair a mess and his eyes still tired.

"Morning [F/N], how are you feeling?"

"I'm doing alright, are you okay?"

"...I suppose I am. Still a bit raw from the recent events but happy for what you did. I guess a lot of mixed feelings."

I nod, understanding what he meant, and get up. Stretching was a bit odd and he chuckled, making me flush.

"Don't laugh."

"Sorry, my wife made the same face when she stretched."

I get dressed in the bathroom before heading out to see Senji...My issue was that Nagi is still following me...I understand why and it's okay...I also don't want to feel like I want privacy because I don't want to hurt him. I meet up with Senji.

"What's the owl doing with ya?"

I chuckle, "He's my muscle."

Senji flexes and shows his branch of sin,

"Aren't I enough muscle for ya?"

"Well I'm carrying his girl so that father's instinct that Nagi's got makes him a killer right now."

Nagi protests, "I-I'm not a killer, I mean I am but."

Senji interrupts, "I get ya, protecting your kid and the bag of flesh surrounding it."

I protest, "Senji!"

Nagi adds, "I care about [F/N]."

"Pfft yeah, right up unti she squeezes your daughter out, then you will want nothing to do with her. Back to the way things were."

I saddened as Nagi said nothing for a while,

"Told ya [F/N], I bet Nagi here doesn't even know your true branch of sin."

"Senji Stop!"

"Yeah, that healer crap is just a poor excuse of a cover up...ever wonder why inichiro nor Tamaki never let [F/N] fight in Carvival Corpse, because she is a monster, she heals faster than they can cut her, she never runs out of blood, her power is limitless. She is the strongest one here...and yet she helped you...A sweet girl that you don't deserve. She is too beautiful for you to just use. I won't allow it, she is my best friend and you don't deserve her kindness. She loves too much and I understand that she is carrying your child, just don't pretend to care about her, don't make her feel what you don't."

I was horrified, "Senji...why would you say that?"

"[F/N], you care too much so you are vulnerable to him, I can tell that you are getting nervous when he is around."

"That's not true Senji."

"Well Nagi needs to be truthful to you."

Suddenly Nagi gets close to me and sits his hand on my shoulder and looks to Senji.

"Senji, you can say or think whatever you want, but I care for [F/N]. She sacrificed everything to save my child, how could I not care for [F/N]?"

"But she loves, she doesn't just care."

Nagi looks at me, "[F/N]...do you-"

"It's not like that. I just want you to be happy. Everyone deserves to be happy."

"[F/N], is what I am doing hurting you?"

I look to Nagi, "Honestly...emotionally yes...but I am okay."