Chapter 1 - Beauty and a Lifesaver

"Turn it up!" I yell to my mother who is apparently turning down my tv show.

"You need to go to bed Katrina." My mother is stern. She flips her perfect blonde hair looking to me with her deep blue eyes stare at my face.

I cuddle up to my pink blanket. "But it's a new one!" I say into the blanket.

My favorite television show is Naked and Afraid which is on the discovery channel. I watch it all the time, until an annoyed mother comes into the living room turning it down telling me to go to bed. Story of my life.

"Katrina it's a school night. If you're so interested in this show just audition for the next show." She turns back to the television and turns it off.

Go on the show? The show is a survival of a woman and a man that go onto an island. Meanwhile they are both naked to survive with nothing. The man and woman have to survive for twenty one days straight finding food, water, and comfort. the most awkward part is being naked with the opposite gender you just met. I'd die the first hour.

"Alright, alright. You only want me to audition so I wouldn't be a pain with you." I sit up.

"Kathrine Welth! don't you dare say something so far from the truth." She yells. "Go to bed." She adds.

I stumble with my blanket on one arm and walk to my bed room, which is located upstairs. I touch the light wooden railing to pull me up the steps. I finally reach the door and turn the lights on, I look around my room. I should've took a second to look while hanging that poster up. It's lop sided. I decide to put pajamas on rather than sleeping in jeans and long sleeve shirt. I walk to my mirror covered closet and slide it open.

"Boo!" My brother jumps out at me, making me fall to the floor. I sit up on my elbows and look at him with a stern face.

What the heck! Why is he in my room anyways. I get to scared to easily.

"Ugh Alex, get out please." I groan standing to my feet.

Alex's 10 years old and he's annoying, obviously.

"I scared you!" He laughs.

He did yes, that's why I was just on the floor ready to cry. Well not really, but I felt like it.

"Yeah I know, you do this all the time." Why is he still here.

"No you just are to jumpy!"

Is he denying his own question?

"Okay I get it, one day I'll get you just as bad." I giggle.

"You wish!" He screams as I tackle him playfully, tickling him.

"Stop, stop! You win, you win!" He laughs in between his words. I gently let go and stand back to my feet.

"I'll give you a five second head start!" I smile eyeing his every move. He starts to get up.

"One!" I shout.

He Stan to his feet and runs.

"Two!" I say way faster than a second.

He's only half way throughout my bed room.

"Three... four, five!" I rush the numbers an start running after him. he's already out the door and scream to his bed room. I shut the door as he shuts his and walk back to my closet.

I swear if anything else jumps out I will cry.

I slide the closet open and flinch at nothing. Nothing jumps out and I look straight to the hanging clothes. I grab my pajamas and slip them on, I decided on a t shirt and shorts that have heart prints on both piece of clothing. I shut the closet leaving everything organized. I can't leave anything in my room messy, I will go insane. I just love the way my bed lays in it's print of sheets and blanket covers, how it's all perfect. The best part is my laptop. It's the perfect most precious thing to me.