Chapter 7 - First step into life

"Today is day one of my week at home, I slept outside last night to get use to the weather. I'm trying to eat less and eat more vegetables to tighten my stomach. I had troubles making the fire and I hope my partner knows how to build one. Honestly that's my biggest fear at the moment. Without warmth I don't know what I could possible do. So far the fire is my biggest problem, my second problem is trying to stay comfortable. My back aches at the second here. My legs are frozen, and my stomach hurts. To be honest I'm actually more scared now then ever." I tell the camera without stuttering. I tried to make it successful so they don't think I'm a coward or some joke contestant. I can admit I'm scared, most contestants are scared, I think. "I will continue on day 2!" I end the video and pick up my camera. I look back into the box and see that list Damian was talking about. It's the list that shows me what one item I can bring with me to the forest. I scroll down the page and back up.

There's a bird net, a pot, a knife, a fire starter, and clay that can start a fire. I mean the man should be getting the knife, right? Probably. Maybe I'll just get the pot, to boil water and cook food, or the fire starter. I have no chance with a fire. I'll have to take more lessons with my father. Maybe even go onto YouTube to watch a couple of videos.

I get a phone call after 5 minutes of deciding weather to choose the pot or the fire starter. I pick up my cell phone and it's Niall. I haven't talked to Niall ever since last period. We worked on homework last period since we had study hall. Liam also helped us with homework since he was in that class also. 

"Hello?" I speak into the phone.

"Why aren't you a school today?" Niall asks.

"I'm skipping the week of school to catch up on my skills for the show."

"Oh, well Alicia, Casey, Liam and I decided to throw you a going away party. It'll be great!"

"Um, a party? Well I don't know I have a lot of things to do this week." I sigh into my phone.

"Oh come on, It'll be fun. You know it!" I begin to hear some giggles into the phone. It's probably lunch time there.

Niall was always the one to have parties. He's like a party animal. He is popular to everyone in the school because of his parties, maybe I will go. For old time sake. I will be gone for awhile.

"Fine. I'll go. When is it?" I sigh in the phone again.

"Tomorrow night. I'm taking you to dinner tonight. It's the least I can do." Niall giggle on the phone.

"That's sweet but you don't have to-" I begin.

"I wanna go!" Alicia screams into the phone. She probably took the phone from Niall from how loud her voice was. I almost had to cover my ears. I laugh into the phone as I hear Niall's voice again.

"Alicia wants to come." Niall laughs.

"I figured." I smirk into the phone. I hear the bell ring from the phone and Niall tells me his goodbyes and so do I.

I get a text message as soon as Niall hangs up and it's from Liam.

Liam: "I'm going too :)"

Me: "Thought you would :)"

I put my phone down and my stomach begin to growl. I kind've want Taco Bell at the moment. Taco Bell was good last night. I walk over to a mirror by the bathroom door and put my hair into a pony tail.

"Mom?" I see my mother in the mirror walking behind me.

"Yes?" My mother stops walking and turns to me.

"Can I borrow the car, I'm hungry. Maybe Taco Bell?" I ask turning my face look at her to see if she gives me a nod. Instead she pushes her eyebrows together in confusion.