Chapter 2

A/N: I hope you're excited for this. On another note the characters at the "present time" are 3 years older than in the original series because I need the extra time for the backstory to make sense. The pictures used are not mine.

Chapter 2 Childhood friends

You woke up early and looked around. The other bed was still empty, but it was clear someone had been there. At this point, however you had come to expect such events and did nothing more than check the light switch before entering the bathroom, in order to make sure no one was there.

In less than seven minutes you were dressed in a track suit and running around the school. This was the way your sister used to start every morning and you kept doing it to this day.

Flashback

It was summer and one day you woke up in a foreign room. The light was coming from a different angle, the mattress was different and there were no sounds at all. You got up, your bones still hurting from the recent events, although your eye was healing pretty nicely.

Before you could freak out about the place the door slowly opened and your sister, Selena, walked in. She put a change of clothes on the bed and left you to change before you could ask anything. As such you took the clothes and went outside, to see her running ahead. You dashed after her, catching up in a couple of minutes.

"Where are we? What happened… I overslept, didn't I?"

"Not exactly." Selena replied without slowing down. "Follow me."

Soon you reached the shore, where a huge work site dominated the view, machinery and people running around on the nearby island. The sheer size of the construction was breathtaking. As you watched it, your mouth open wide your sister said:

"We're in Japan now, little brother…starting anew."

You were a quite shocked. Had your sister drugged you? How long had it taken to get there and who had done it? But before you could find the breath to articulate your question Selena enlightened you.

"After what mom did you were in pretty bad shape. You've been out for three days. So I decided to accept the offer of a friend and come here."

You were pretty sure she said something else after but you didn't hear as you began crying, almost falling over had it not been for Selena catching you and hugging you softly, as to not hurt you.

"I-I'm sorry! If only I…" you cried out.

"It's not your fault… But I need to make sure this can't happen anymore. So come on. We have twenty nine more kilometers left today." Selena said.

She then began running at a brisk pace and you struggled to keep up. After some time she decided to slow down and you caught up, drenched in sweat and breathing heavily, your eyes bloodshot. As she was about to open her mouth you interrupted, nearly failing to speak.

"Don't slow down. I don't want what happened home to happen anymore. I want to be big and strong, just like you!!"

Your sister's look changed from one of worry to a smile of pride, although her eyes displayed sorrow. But she complied and kept running, getting farther and farther away. You only reached the house because of luck, always getting a glimpse of the turns Selena took. When you reached the house you'd woken up in she was waiting and splashed you with a bucket of cold water while you were laying on the lawn. In who knows how much time you got up and saw her with a strict expression, handing you a bottle of water.

"You need to remain hydrated. Up next we'll be doing hand to hand practice." Selena announced.

With the now empty bottle you held back your tears and looked at your sister. The sun was setting behind her, bathing her silhouette in flames as she confidently stared down the street. You had a long way to go before you'd be anywhere near her level. And up until then you'd have to look at her back, as she kept going ahead.