Chapter 14

A/N: Changed the rating to mature since there will be a bit of gore in this chapter. I'll also put in a warning so you can avoid the scene entirely.

Chapter 14 I'm here.

You had been running at a medium pace and were just near the spot marked in the files. So you slowed down, being more cautious, as to not be caught off guard. Right now the biggest priority was finding an entrance.

The plan was to leave a few units behind, as well as not mess with the computers. If you were to get time breathing room the police had to have something to investigate.

Either Tabane would poke around or enough information would make its way out to the press for you to figure out the exact reason Selena had been taken.

The place wasn't very suspicious, pretty much a typical demolished city. Like many others that had been abandoned after the initial years after the IS introduction. But that also meant there were enough spots to hide an entrance.

You looked at the screen of the gauntlet and saw you were right above the general center of the complex. While arriving here you had checked one of the borders. So you continued to the next point, staying on the street to avoid detection more easily.

It took a couple of hours more but you were saved by a combination of desperation and luck. After having no success you made your way up to a roof and managed to see a silhouette moving amongst the rubble. Since the person didn't seem to be wearing a uniform you followed it.

While making your way through, drawing closer to the figure you realised it was a male. So it was likely the security was something more standard, like a code, card or sensor. So you would have to knock the person out before he entered to cover all your bases.

It took a little while but you noticed the guy was more cautious, watching his back. So you moved closer, in parallel to him until he entered a building. At that point you dashed to a side and grabbed a piece of rubble, throwing it nearby.

As the man returned to the entrance of the building you jumped through a window hole and came up behind him, covering his mouth and squeezing his neck until he passed out.

At that point you dragged the man to the entrance, tied him up in case he woke up and began analysing the seemingly plain wall, before moving to the floor. And after a little longer you slid a block of concrete, revealing a scanner.

After placing one of the guy's hands on it a trap door opened and, after taking his hoodie and putting it on, descended. And it was a good thing you did, since a camera was almost staring you in the face, which was luckily converted by the hood for the most part.

The pace was quite wide, a few closets and boxes lining the walls. You opened one and found a lab coat, gloves and surgical masks. Smiling a little you grabbed them and put them on as you were walking, passing through a door and entering a corridor. You then stopped between two cameras and checked the scanner screen on your gauntlet. One unit was nearby but the rest weren't moving, probably deactivated to recharge.

So you looked around the room while the guard passed. It was mostly storage, the walls lined with vials of a light pink liquid, different dates on each of them. You decided to take one from the most recent lot, making sure you made it as unnoticeable as possible.

Afterwards you continued deeper in the bowels of the structure. There were a few larger rooms, which seemed to host medical equipment and even a place that looked like a lounge or communal area. You avoided looking too much at the latter, since people were walking around in it.

"Hey!" a person said from behind you. "Where are you heading?" he continued, speaking in English, with a noticeable accent.

You couldn't respond and blow your cover so you stumbled forward and placed a hand on the wall, before falling down. The person behind you began running and placed a hand on you, turning you on your back. Before he could do anything you punched him in the face with your gauntlet, the added weight of it making the hit pretty much an instant knockout.