Chapter 17: Recovery plans

A/N: I think I'll drop the idea of splitting chapters based on the character.

Chapter 17

Selena's POV

I woke up for probably the twelfth time, still in the hospital bed. I was dying to get out of this room, but they wanted to keep me there for a while longer. They had to at least get me a few things from home to put around the place. After all, by now I was awake most of the time. Even too much considering the nightmares. So sitting around doing nothing was a waste.

It was still going to be a while before anyone could come around to the room so I decided to pull the blanket off me and stretched to pull my hospital gown up, as well as unwrap the rather thin bandage, and check my leg.

My joints hurt from my lack of exercise, but the leg was more concerning. It looked shriveled up from the knee down and a rather concerning shade of purple was spreading on it.

I quickly pushed the blanket back over my leg. With how things were looking it was unlikely I would get to partake in the investigation. But they would probably need to interview me.

Although it did seem only morons had been assigned to my case from Chifuyu's records. So that was another thing to ask of her.

I clicked my tongue in annoyance. The universe didn't seem to care that I had had enough of being helpless. But as soon as I was out of this room that would change.

"Ah. Good morning Miss L/N. Did you…" the doctor began saying before seeing my likely noticeable eye bags.

"I'm not having as much trouble breathing and the pain in my joints isn't so acute anymore. The leg seems to be getting worse." I explained.

"Thank you for your input, but it's my job to ask the questions. Now please put your head down." the doctor responded, a hint of irritation in her voice.

She took my pulse and checked my IV drip, before moving on to the leg. She then moved the blanket to look at my leg. Upon seeing it was uncovered her expression morphed to a disapproving scowl.

"Why is your leg uncovered?" the woman asked.

"I move in my sleep." I replied trying to keep a dismissive tone. I wouldn't hear the end of it if I told the truth.

"Then we might need to tie you…"

I slammed my first down on the mattress. The lack of impact behind the hit only fuelled my animosity further. But it seemed to be enough for the nurse to notice.

"Heh… how about losing a patient? How would that look on your record." I asked in a monotone voice, the face of the doctor becoming hazy.

I could hear an increasingly faster beeping noise, although it was drowned out by my heartbeat. Then a wave of drowsiness hit me.

Timeskip

"She's not cooperating!"

Two people were conversing on the other side of the door. It was a bit too muffled to make out who was there or what they were saying. Almost everything had been taken away from the room. One comment and they were already treating me like I had a few screws loose.

Chifuyu entered the room with an expression of exhaustion. She went to grab the chair that was usually there for visitors but even that had been taken away.

"Right. I was going to give you some of your belongings but there isn't really anywhere to put them…"

"I'll just take a phone. I have a call to make." I replied.