Chapter 7

A/N: This is a chapter I've been looking forward to. Let's see how bad I screw it up. 😅

Chapter 7 New perspectives

You didn't get to sleep as much as you wanted, due to an alarm going off. But you weren't mad about it, as you remember the day you had set it very clearly. Instead you jumped out of the bed and went to your work station, opening up every module and beginning to type in a set of instructions you had rehearsed a lot.

"What's going on?" Tatenashi asked, looking sleepy.

You didn't respond for a few more minutes, until a loading screen appeared. After it did you  put a disk in and turned the unit back into its table form. The transfer would take about 20 minutes, enough to find Chifuyu and ask for permission.

"Sorry about that. I might've made a breakthrough." you told the girl, as you were walking to the bathroom to change.

You were soon done, but you hadn't taken on your uniform, instead choosing casual clothing. Tatenashi was still getting up so you managed to exit the room before she asked any questions. From there you went straight to Chifuyu's office.

Chifuyu Orimura POV

"I wish we could've seen each other in different circumstances. At least you are all right." I told Natasha.

"Mn, it's not a problem. That kid saved me anyway." she replied, referring to the Gospel.

"—So it was like that?" I asked to check what she meant.

"Mn, that kid entered that battle it didn't want to take part in to protect me. Forcing itself into second phase and nearly cutting off the Core Network...that kid would've sacrificed her world for me." Natasha replied.

Her expression then changed, becoming sharper, but before she was able to say what she was thinking a knock on the door interrupted her.

"Come in!" I said.

"Good morning Orimura sensei." Y/N said, noticing Natasha and also greeting her. "I hope you are well Miss Fairs. I'm sorry I couldn't avoid such extensive damage to your unit."

Natasha measured the boy up, getting closer. I got up from my chair, ready to intervene if the situation called for it, but before the American pilot was able to come closer than 30 centimetres  (12 inches) Y/N stretched his hand and grabbed Natasha's for a handshake. He then moved up to my desk and said:

"I want to announce that I'll be leaving the school."

"What? Isn't it too early to do that?" I asked, losing sight of the fact Natasha was there.

"I believe being here has caused me to stray from my original goals." Y/N replied. "My research is nearly complete, and remaining here much longer wouldn't help."

"Excuse me." Natasha intervened. "I couldn't help but notice you seem to know a lot about the recent incident."

"Don't mind that." I said. "He was dragged into it due to certain circumstances..."

"There's no need for you to help me, Orimura sensei."Y/N cut me off. "I'll gladly answer your questions after I finish what I have to do here." he then replied to Natasha.

"I could use the school's resources to help you..." I tried saying.

"Chifuyu. I understand you're worried, but you know I have to do this on my own." Y/N said softly, so only I could hear. "If you want to help me I need an access card to open some doors."

I let out a sigh and handed him my spare access card. It was collecting dust anyway, since I had never needed it.

Your POV