My Giant, Bloody Angel

Hello, hello everybody! I have to say, I'm very excited about this story but then again, don't I say that about everything I try to write and then take it down? *Awkwardly laughs as I scratch my head* I'm really sorry about that. I can only hope you guys will take a chance on me *cue ABBA* and hopefully enjoy this! Thank you!

****************************************************************

Young Entertainers Competition Coming This Winter!

I ignored the milkshake that splattered on my tray as I dropped it on the nearest table and rushed over to see the poster. I ripped it down, staring at its glory as it began to crinkle in my hands. This couldn't be real!

I blinked several times.

It was!

I let out a screech that resounded throughout the diner.

"Delaney," a firm hand rested on my shoulder, "as much as I love to remind you that you actually have work to do, you think you could stand to remember?"

I practically shoved the flyer in Pamela's face. "Don't you see?! This is my chance! My family's name will be tarnished no longer. Everyone will know just how amazing I am!"

My boss smiled, guiding me in the direction of my mess. "Then why don't you show me just how amazing you are at cleaning?"

I rolled my eyes. Some people will never understand.

She snatched my flyer in exchange for a rag. "Get cleaning. I'll put the flyer by the register. You can grab it when you clock out." She turned to the fountain. "Hey Tristan, get me another grasshopper shake for table twelve."

I shrugged it off like all my other accidents. I wiped up what was left of the mint shake and I couldn't help but notice my reflection in the table. How could I not? I was beautiful! However, what would make me stand out even more would be the sparkling lights of a stage, not these dingy fluorescents that Pamela dare thinks are acceptable.

Something smacked into the back of my head. I looked up and saw Tristan staring down at me, his arms crossed. "If you're trying to be intimidating," I said as I went back to inspecting my pores, "I'm used to it from this height."

He flicked my forehead. "Thanks for making me fix up another one of those shakes when I was supposed to clock for my break. Can you go one minute without it being all about you?"

"Do you want an honest answer?"

He sighed as he took a seat. "I already know it. What got you so excited, you know, besides the sky being blue?"

I flicked the rag at him. "It's because of that attitude that you're going to die early. I don't know how Vienna deals with you." I continued to wipe the table to make it look like I was at least trying to be productive. My flyer might be ripped to shreds otherwise. "Apparently there's going to be a contest for young entertainers. Do you know what this means?"

He smirked. "You're going to be a stripper?"

I hesitated for a second. "While I have the body for it, I'm pretty sure that's not what it meant."

"Why would it ever?!"

I shrugged. "You asked."

He rubbed his temples and put his head down. "Okay, so tell me, what does this contest mean for you?"

"It means that I can finally get my name out there!" I twirled around on my heel, clutching the disgusting rag close to stop my heart from beating out of my chest. "Just picture it Tris: me, in center stage with everybody loving me. Doesn't that sound wonderful?"