3 Card Monte

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been absent for a bit. Things have been busy and once again, I've started writing another story because my brain doesn't know when to quit. HOWEVER! That doesn't mean I'm giving up on Delaney and Asher because I love them too much. Though, that means that updates will be a bit slower. Fair warning. I'll see how far I get in the other story before I post it, but I hope I get around to doing that soon. Thank you all for sticking with me and my discombobulated brain :D

*****************************************************************

Before I unlocked the door, I turned around to Asher. "Listen, my grandpa may not be the easiest to deal with. It all depends on the timing of things and how many drinks he's had." I sighed. "I don't know all that happened but back in the day-"

Asher raised his hands up. "I don't want to pry into your family's business. It doesn't matter to me."

I smiled as I nudged the door open. "Thanks."

Once I entered, I jumped back and screamed. Oh, it was horrible! It was the most disgusting thing I've seen, and I've seen a plethora of customers at Mimi's.

Right in front of me was Maisy with some sort of green crusted face mask, her hair tightly pulled back, and covering herself in a grey robe.

"Shield your eyes!" I jumped to cover Asher's face. "It's a witch that'll turn you into stone!"

Maisy crossed her arms. "Shut up, Lane."

Asher eyed at her as he stepped into the house. "Well, she's certainly casting a spell on me."

Maisy rolled her eyes, but still welcomed the compliment. "Hi, I'm Maisy, Delaney's older sister. I also happen to have a boyfriend, so I would watch it if I were you." Her mask cracked as she giggled. "And you are?"

Realizing she was off the market, he moved closer to me. "I'm Asher, Delaney's lovely magical assistant."

Nooooo!

I leaped onto his back, clamping my hands over his mouth. "Shut up, shut up, shut up," I hissed.

Maisy pointed at him. "What did he just say?"

I tightened my grip on him as he tried to throw me off. Nice try, human skyscraper. Ever since it was apparent that I wouldn't grow any taller, I have trained my thighs and hands to reign superior when I needed to be on people's shoulders. "He said he's my...tragical assistant. Yeah, that's right! We're in the drama club together." I pulled his head back, so he was looking at me. "Oh Romeo, oh Romeo, why are you so stupid-o?"

Maisy shook her head, a smile tracing her lips as she came closer. "No, he didn't."

"Yes, he did."

Her Cheshire grin was nearly too big for her face as she said, "You're doing the magic show even though Dad said no."

I hopped off his back and covered her mouth. "Shut up!" I shot daggers at Asher. "Thanks a lot, asshat."

He straightened his hoodie. "I believe the correct term for me is ashhat."

"Now is not the time for puns!" I snapped. I focused in on Maisy. "You cannot say anything to Dad about this, understand? You will no longer be my sister and I will hate you forever. Just pretend you never heard this idiot, and it will all be okay."

I let up my hold, allowing her to respond. Her smile never wavered. "Oh dear sister, how the tables have turned."

I gritted my teeth. "What do you want?"

She let out a laugh. "Hmmm, let's see. What's the best way to make you my servant?"

"Maisy, please," I whimpered. "Don't pick now to be a total bitch."