Business Deals

Hello again everyone! Thank you for still sticking around. I plan on updating twice a week so I hope I can follow up on my plans *nervous laughter*. Any who, I won't keep you any longer. Please enjoy the chapter!

*****************************************************************

"And break!" Vienna's team all cheered as they finished their practice.

Vienna bounded over to me, her rich red and white pompoms shimmering in the light with every step. Hmm, I wonder if I should invest in pompoms for our act. Nah, I'm sure Vienna would love to be my cheerleader to raise awareness.

"I haven't seen you all day!" Vienna hugged me tightly. "Where were you in first period?"

I rolled my eyes. "Toby forgot his project at home, so we had to go back."

"Aw, poor Tobes." She shook her head as we headed to the locker room.

Hey, maybe I can get the word out to these girls. I'm sure they would love the magic show and if not, I know they would love Asher. I began to beam as I passed through the door. How was I born with such a good eye?

Vienna offered each girl a wave and a smile as she passed before slipping off her shirt.

I cleared my throat and stood with my hands on my hips on one of the benches. "Ladies, if I can have your attention!"

The lot of them gave each other looks as they were caught in the middle of changing. "Who are you?" one of them asked.

I almost laughed. They wouldn't be saying that for long. "I am Delaney Beckett and I'm here to tell you about the greatest spectacle that you will ever see. I will be performing in a competition as a magician and I'm inviting all of you to join in on all the fun. There'll be cards, sawing people in half, and making them disappear! If that doesn't sell it, sexy eye candy in the form of a curvaceous, soft female," I said as I ran my hands down my hourglass body, "and a tall, muscular, earring-wearing male to suit all your needs!"

It was silent aside from the running showers. A few of the girls smiled at me. Ha! I knew they would be interested! They're just imaging all the fantastic things that were going to happen.

Vienna smiled as she put a hand on my back. "Uh, when is this going to be?"

"Sometime in February." I turned to the rest of the girls. "You'll all be amazed!"

One of the girls laughed. "Are you going to disappear too?"

Some of the other girls giggled along. I began to laugh as well. "I mean, I was thinking more of my assistant, but if that would make it better—"

"Oh good! How about you give us a preview right now?"

My chest squeezed. I turned to Vienna, who gave me a reassuring smile. "I can't wait to see it!" she cheered. She turned to the others. "It's going to be a great show since Delaney's in it. You all should come with me."

Her sweet smile made some of them look at the floor. I didn't understand it, but I guess that was Vienna's very own magical ability. Her kindness made everyone gravitate towards her. It even had an effect on me. Yet, any time I tried to be like her, it always blew up in my face. I didn't get it. I needed to study her more.

Once Vienna was done changing, we headed out to her car. She gave me some chocolate that she had hid away from Tristan. "So," her almond eyes were practically glittering underneath the car light, "tell me about this magic show of yours!"

I tossed a chunk into my mouth. "Well," I licked my fingers, "I was able to seduce my assistant yesterday."

She slapped my arm as she backed up. "Don't word it like that!"