04

Xukun's Past (2)

We did everything together- graduated college together, found a job together, achieved our goals together and lived our dreams together.

We would occasionally fight, like what typical couples do. I was careful not to make her upset as much as possible because it sucks when she doesn't talk to me.

Another problem was our prides, which were higher than the heavens. It takes weeks for us to reconcile again. Sometimes I admire myself for being able to reach that long.

It was horrible not being able to have any sort of communication with her. And I was upset that she can endure this long without me.

On the fifth day of not communicating, Ziyi paid me a surprised visit at my apartment and told me he saw Meifeng with a guy in a cafe.

He told me he was out getting coffee the night before, then he saw her laughing with a guy of our age.

I doubted him at first but he showed me a picture.

It was taken from the outside of the cafe, they sat by the window and she was smiling at the guy sitting in front of her.

I managed to say, "I-I believe you, bro."

In the many years that Ziyi and I have been friends, the thing I'm most sure about him was that he never lies. He only told me this because he cares about me and wanted me to know the truth.

Xiao Gui came over to comfort me as well and they stayed the whole day to accompany me.

A few more days passed by and I had absolutely no communication with her. I don't want to open them again just to argue once more. I'll wait till she admits it to me.

But one night, I received a call.

"Hello? This is the police. Your girlfriend has been on a car accident. She is at the hospital now."

____

And now it has been three years, she's in very deep coma and I still visit her everyday. I tell her how managing my dad's company has been. I tell her how beautiful the stars were the other night and how I hope she saw them as well.

Some may say I'm a fool for still being here even after she disappointed me, but there's no doubt I still love her.

I'll be here, I'll be waiting; For you.