6 ▸ 6

Rose closed the shop's doors behind her, a basket in the hand. New flowers ready for the costumer, the red roses looking gorgeous. Every ugly part removed by the workers, giving them a healthy look.

She walked in the streets and this time she was alone, no protester or student screaming and talking on the streets. It was quiet outside, only hearing the people talking silently, the costumers in the shop discussing in peace which bouquet they want.

The young woman fastly arrived at the large house, a toddler opening the tall and heavy door. The little boy had a kind smile on his face, welcoming the deliver inside. He told Rose that his father will come to accept the flowers and left to play with toys. His body jumped in the air, he was a kid filled with joy and happiness, something he earned from his father. 

Rose looked around in the house, everything clean and white. It smelled great inside, the smell of freshly baked goods bringing back memories from Rose's past, seeing her mother making something delightful, the little Rose always asking if she could help.

"Hello?", the Monsieur said with a little bit of questioning in his voice.

"Hello, I am here to bring you the new flowers and to apologize to you, sir. It was my fault that the flowers looked so bad, it was also my fault that they were so late. I am here to promise that it won't happen again." Rose tapped with her foot on the ground, her nerves making her do that movement.

"That is very nice of you, but you don't have to tell me that you were the one doing something wrong. I saw the crowded streets, I knew that something must have happened since you and the others care about the flowers and that the shop the best one is in town. You don't have to apologize to me, dear." Monsieur Dubois took the basket in his hands and took the red roses out of it, placing them in a large vase.

"What do you mean you knew? My boss told me you were furious and that you demanded for an apology," Rose asked him, she was shocked to hear him this calm.

"That doesn't sound like me, now does it?"

The monsieur was right, he was their nicest costumer. He was a very talkative person, he was a kind man. What her boss told her, was a lie and Rose was stupid not to know it before now. She knew something was wrong, so she ran out of the mansion and tried her best to get to the shop as fast as possible. When she arrived there, the doors were closed, the curtains hanging in front of the windows. This was unusual, the day was a normal working day, no reason for it to be closed.

She felt someone grabbing her shoulder, turning her around. She looked at Elodie who had a worried expression on her face. The older woman took Rose's hand in hers and dragged her away from the shop, making her sit and wait impatiently.

"What is going on?", Rose asked her, the way the woman acted scaring her.

Elodie didn't answer her, she looked away from the girl and into the street, seeing that the students were standing there again, starting a new day with a new protest.

"Please, tell me what is happening."

"The boss tricked you, Dubois didn't ask for new flowers. He needed you out of the shop!", Elodie stopped for a moment, took a deep breath and went back to explaining.

"He went to your house today, telling your parents that you failed him and that he had to fire you," Elodie stated, saying the last words very silently.

Rose laid her head in her hands, trying to massage the headache away. She didn't want to think anymore, not wanting to think about coming home and explaining everything to her parents. She wasn't ready to face them and their anger, the thought about it scaring her even more.

Elodie sat down next to her younger friend and hugged her tightly. She whispered in her ear, saying that she was sorry and that it will all be alright, saying that the boss didn't deserve her working for him and that she was free from his abusive manners.

"It's not your fault, it's my own."

"He acted like this because you were the only one who dared to say no to him. You weren't scared to show him that you weren't in love with his stupid ass!", Elodie cursed, not wanting the beautiful lady to think wrong things.

"Do I even know what love is?", Rose asked silently, her eyes trailing up and noticed the blonde haired boy she met two days ago. She saw him standing above the others, one of his friends by his side and both talked to the poor people, giving them back hope and believe in the world and in God.

She saw his smile, enjoying the way people reacted to the multiple speeches. The sun shined on him, giving him a golden look, making him appear like an angel, sent from heaven to help the people that needed him the most.

She could hear his voice, close to her ears and whispering the words to her. She could feel his touch on her cheek, feeling his hand in hers. It was like he stood right in front of her, as if it was two days prior again, the day they met and talked the first time. She could hear him telling her his name again, a name she never heard before but she liked instantly.

"Rose, you are staring!," Elodie laughed, knowing the look in her eyes, she recognized the slight blushing on her cheek. Rose had a smile on her lips while she was in her thoughts.

Elodie turned her head, to see what her friend sees, to know who created this expression on her face. She saw multiple people standing there, some talking to others, some listening. But there was one person she recognized, a young man from two days ago. She saw him through the large windows, holding Rose's bandaged hands in his, taking her away to a place, the young girl surely enjoying the company.

Elodie laughed with Rose, how oblivious she was to her own feelings. She wondered if the young woman would ever listen to her own feelings and emotions, instead of hiding it behind her beautiful smile.

"I think love stands closer to you than you believe, you just need to allow yourself to see it!"