18 ▸18

The dark door opened with a loud noise, the henches old and broken from the years passed by

The dark door opened with a loud noise, the henches old and broken from the years passed by. The candles inside light the room, an orange cast coming from the flames. People were talking to each other, while enjoying their glass of wine and dancing to the music. It wasn't busy inside and the woman who owned the shop sat with two males, their comments making her laugh. 

She waved at the two girls she knew, the older woman behing them looking around with her eyes wide open. Rose walked to her, the men stopped talking since they knew that they had to respect the younger lady. She was one of the Les Amis, the one that helped the poor long before she became a part of the group.

"Madam, can I ask you something? I might have found a solution to your problem with the busy days, so that you won't have to do them alone," Rose started, trying to explain her idea.

"This is my friend Elodie and she had to quit her job not so long ago. I think she would be amazing as a waitress, she's the most lovely person I've met and she's awesome with people. We worked together at the flower place and everyone there loved her." 

The lady looked between Rose and Elodie, the lips on her face forming in a smile. She raised from her chair and rested her hand on Rose's arm, feeling the bandages underneath the sleeve of her dress. She introduced herself to the gray haired woman, offering her hand to shake. 

Rose left the two to talk, knowing how social both were and that they would get along very well. Eponine followed her behind, still close to her friend and talking about the subject they discussed along the way. She laughed with her brown haired friend's reaction and covered her mouth with her cold hands. 

They heared Combeferre discuss some new plans, talking about General Lamarque who allowed them to protest outside his home. He had a pencil in his right hand and his lip between his teeth. He talked to his friends, some more drunk than the others. All had a glass of wine close to them. 

Enjolras wrote some things down, listening to Courfeyrac who to told him about the police close to that street. It was a busy place and everytime they stayed there, it ended in all of them running away from the men in uniforms. 

"Grantaire watch out! You are dropping your bottle of wine," Rose warned him, catching it in her hands, the wine all over her soft skin. 

Everyone turned their heads to her and Eponine, they stopped talking and waited for her to take a seat. Fueilly and Joly leaned against the wall, Grantaire and Marius sat on a table close to all the bottles of wine and the others stood around the papers that they discussing. 

"What was it now?," Lesgle asked. 

"Her house catched on fire but she wasn't there when it happened. She's safe and that's the only thing that mattered to me at that moment."

"Where is she right now?" 

Rose turned her head to the person who talked to her, it was Courfeyrac with Gavroche in front of him. 

"Downstairs, talking to the lady from this place," she explained. 

"Have you decided which day we are going to do the big protest?," Rose asked Enjolras, who had his arm on her waist and his eyes on the letters and symbols written down. 

"We don't know yet, but it is going to happen fast. General Lamaraque is feeling ill and we think that his death might be our sign to start."

"And what are we going to do?"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't you think we need a plan for that moment, to know how we are going to do it."

"Do you have an idea?"

"Show me the papers, please," Combeferre handed her the sheets and waited for her to say something.

"Will the people here help?," she questioned, looking at the people around her. They nodded with their heads and wondered what she was thinking. 

"How about they throw their furniture to us, to protect us from the police?"

"Like a barricade?"

"Would that keep them back?"

"Long enough," Enjolras reassured. 

"How do we get others to join us?"

"They've been wanting this to happen for so long, Rose. They'll love to take action," Combeferre said to her with his strong voice.

"Well then, I believe we finally know what we're going to do," she cheered, her brown eyes sparkling from the candles standing around the room. 

"Let's drink to that." Grantaire raised his glass in the air and waited for others to join him. Some rolled their eyes but they cheered together with him, celebrating the fact that they finally figured out a plan and that they have an idea for how it would go. It was great that they were ready for the fight, for the revolution they want to start and the things they want to change. They felt ready and hoped for the day to come sooner.