Chapter Nine

Hunter bit back a growl

Hunter bit back a growl. This meeting Somehow became a place for these Alpha's to hash out issues they have with each other.

When two of the older males Snarled at the youngest of them, he had had enough.

They were not here to bicker, to complain, to debate. HE had brought them here, to talk about this war that was happening right under their noses. But here they were, worried about petty shit.

Hunter growled, the baritone rumble silencing the Alphas. Eyes moved to him, seated at the head of the table as if they had just realized he was there.

"If you would like to continue to bicker and pick fights, feel free to do so AFTER we are finished." The five men blinked, confusion and shock washed over them.

"Who are you?" One of the older males asked. Gary Blake, Alpha of the Dallas pack, if Hunter remembered correctly. The Longest Alpha in the room, forty years.

Hunter raised an eyebrow, looking the male in the eye. All of those years this male didn't seem very wise.

Wrath and Dare stood at his sides, a few steps behind his chair, growled at the disrespect. Who else would have two men flank him while they were made to leave their escorts at the door?

"I apologize for these old men," the younger male said, giving him a tight smile. "They have been too wrapped up in their own dislike of each other to get why they are here." the male dipped his head and Hunter nodded slightly. 

"Don't apologize," one of the others growled, rising to his feet with his teeth bared at the younger male. Must be Hank Lope, Alpha of the New Orleans pack, Hunter thought, he was known for his temper. "He hasn't even told us who he is!" 

"He doesn't need to, you old coot. Look at him!" Zachariah Jacobs, Alpha of the New Moon pack, pointed at Hunter. Maybe the old males were seeing impaired.

"He is a Wulf, High Alpha Hunter Wulf. The one that called us here. Or did you forget that?"

The old males grew silent as they turned their attention to him. After all of this was over he thought he may want to take a look at the leaders currently in place.

"Thank you, Alpha Zachariah, for reminding everyone of what they are here for."

With a stone face, Hunter stood, watching the men through the tops of his eyes. Something his father taught him. A natural dominance action that spoke to the wolf within, one that drew submission or challenge, just as it would in wolf form.

The males reacted just as expected. He fought a smirk at the stiff backs and lowered heads, choosing to stay blank and cold. These males needed to feel the dominance that he let roll off of him, let it seem into their bones and cause a sheen of sweat to coat their bodies as the scent of their fear mingled in the air.

That was one thing Hunter had learned that his twin had not: control in his power. Rage never could keep his power from leaking through and demanding submission. Hunter, on the other hand, may not have bled power as his brother did but he knew how to use it to strike fear into others, bone-deep, piss themselves, fear that made them submit. Something only HE was capable of doing.

He slowly stalked around the table, silently reveling in the squirm of each male with lowered heads. Not a single one raised their eyes, chins pushed to their chests. Almost the most submissive a wolf could get in human form without kneeling.

He fought the urge to growl, demanding they bare their throats as a lower ranked wolf would. He had never been so disrespected in his life, had never seen so much disrespect, ever. But he held himself back, he did not want them pushing themselves or running like pups in fear of punishment.

"I have brought you here to discuss the - for lack of a better word - rebellion. Rogues and Turned have banned themselves against Wolf Rule, against our laws. They have attacked, killed and  tried to seize land." The Alphas seemed confused as Hunter spoke. Had they not dealt with them? Were they blind or just ignorant?

"I don't think they know anything," Dare pointed out softly with a whisper in his ear. He was right, they seemed shocked by the news. The Alpha's eyes flit from one another as if trying to get confirmation from their fellow leaders.

Hunter growled. "You all need to get your heads out of your asses and look around you! There is a war going on! A war that could expose us and get us all killed!" There was no recognition of understanding.

"How can we help?"  Zachariah asked, no one else in the room seemed to have any brains.

"I need everyone to get their shit together and snuff this damn problem before the humans discover us!" He snarled in frustration, not meaning to direct it at the young male.

"We are more than willing to help, High Alpha, in any way you need." The other males nodded but no words were spoken. Whether speechless or at a loss of words, he did not know.

Wrath moved and dropped a large manila envelope in front of each of them. Each contained everything they needed to know about the war and about what Hunter expected of them. Hours were spent making the individual packets specifying their personalized orders.

He watched as each male opened the packets, varying in size, no two were alike and Hunter expected each of these Alpha's, each pack to adhere to these demands. Not just for him but for their kind.

Carefully Hunter analyzed them. He had planned on asking in the meeting who would be interested in taking over the pack, leading it and possibly combining their pack with this one. There was only one that he would ask, only one that wasn't wrapped up in their own power-hungry life. Zachariah.

What do you all think

Check out GlassHeartofCrystal
Her book: The Key to Two Kingdoms.
It is a beautiful series that I have been advising on.