Chapter Thirteen

The room was quiet, Shock Striking each person

Hunter wasn't surprised by their reaction. His proposal seemingly come from no where.

Sara sat quietly, watching everyone's reaction. It had been three days since the meeting with the Alphas and she had been mulling over the idea.

"Well it can't be me." her sister said, taking Logan's hand, a hint of smugness in her voice.

"And why is that?" Hunter asked, knowing the answer she thought excluded her from an arranged mating.

"I am not a virgin." Henry's eyes grew wide as he looked at his son who was slowly turning red with embarassment at Sam's mater- of- fact confession.

"Have you been claimed?"

"No, but..." she frowned.

"Then it doesn't matter."

"What...?" Dare snorted at the shock on her face.

"You don't need to be pure, just unmated." Hunter smirked at his cousin's words. Irritation not lacking in his voice.

"She's right though," Henry chimed in, probably more for his son than anything. "the Alpha would probaby prefer a pure mate."

Hunter was silent as he looked at Sara's quiet form, seated beside he sister. Her eyes glued to her hands in her lap, face hiding behind the curtain of her hair.

Sara could feel everyone's eyes on her. She knew what she had to do but to admit something like this in a room full of people. In front of the High Alpha, even though he already knew. She couldn't meet anyones eyes.

"I'm not."

"What?" Sam gasped as everyone else frowned besides Hunter.

"I'm not a virgin either." Her voice came out quite, just above a whisper. She just couldn't...

"Well then neither sister is excluded." Dare announce with a smirk, looking at his unsurprised cousin. Hunter didn't want to think what his smirk was for, he probably thought he had taken the she-wolf's virginity. He growled at the stupidity.

"Does Alpha Zachariah know?"

"Know what?" Gold eyes narrowed on the older male, he was a good Beta but some times he got to big for his britches. Too much time acting Alpha.

"That his arranged mate may not be pure?" Hunter cleanched his jaw, nostrils flaring as he took a nearly calming breath.

"It wasn't brought up." There wasn't much in the brief meeting with Zachariah.

"Then tell him. He may change his mind."

"Excuse me?" Hunter growled, this male was poking the bear and that was dangerous.

"Did you just try to tell an Alpha, YOUR Hight Alpha, to do something?" Wrath growled, the rumble merging with one from Dare to shake the room.

The old Beta turned white as the two males bared their teeth at him, showing him how close he was to being ripped apart. Disrespect wasn't going to be tolerated.