5- Moonlight dance

With great power comes great responsibility. I always hated this sentence. Super heroes aren't the ones who asked for that great power to appear in their lives. If they wanted to have some fun, why wouldn't they ? Responsibilities are just a concept created by politicians to keep their citizens into squares. That's it. If I want to be feared, respected and understood, I will use these powers as I wish.

My imagination is now limitless, and I can use this young man as a test subject. I see him trying to escape, walking little by little in backwards, fixing me with fish eyes and his mouth wide open. I take one feather, writing words in the air : « capture Luka ». The pavement suddenly moves, surrounding his feet, stopping him. I take a third feather between my fingers, facing him with pleasure, seeing how full of fear he is. I can't stop my wings to shiver from the excitement.

« So much fear in your eyes, dear Luka ! Dear Luka, good-looking Luka... I wonder what you would look like as one of my minions.
- M...Marc, please ! You can de-evilize yourself if you stop those negative feelings, think about your best friend ! What will he think seeing you like this ?
- I am Mayura. I am not akumatized. And keep that in your mind : I don't have any friends. »

I put the tip of the feather on his forehead. The ink starts flowing everywhere on his body, covering him completely. When it fades off, he looks totally transformed. His hair is way more spiky than before and his skin became light blue and pale, like a ghost. His style looks like a mix of bondage and goth, with a long-coat, belt straps and all, in blue and dark tones and ripped from everywhere. A bass-guitar also appeared in his back. He takes it and I can see it actually looks as sharp as an axe. Neat. I smile in satisfaction while I see him kneel before me.

« I am The Ripper, and I will drown Paris in chaos, in the name of your beauty and your presence, master Mayura.
- Perfect. But, before Paris, please, take the miraculous of our first contestant. »

While he was speaking, I saw Ladybug coming from the roof of the building, looking at us with a shocked face. It must be strange to see me like this while she already fought me with a different form. Now that I am stronger, I will not make any mistakes.

« Marc... ? And... And Luka ? But... Hawkmoth is back ?!
- Oh, dear, dear Ladybug. I want you to understand my sorrow so much. I know you've already lost your dear Cat Noir, but were you really that close to him ? If you really wanted to save him, why didn't you do anything since a year ? How egoistic from you. »

She bows down her face. Of course, she knows I am right. Nathaniel did the same. He didn't even came for me. I disappeared for hours and he wasn't even there for me. I want her to suffer as much as me. I want her down on the ground, suffering, begging me to spare her life. I notice some tears in the corner of her eyes. How peculiar from her.

« How...How dare you akumatize a citizen of Paris and talking about what happened while you are not even concerned by that ?! How dare you flee from your best friend and let everyone behind, becoming an henchmen of Hawkmoth and spreading darkness upon Paris ? Why are you doing this Marc, why ?!
- Oh. So, I am the bad guy ? I see how it is. »

I take a step back, letting The Ripper coming nearer of Ladybug. She takes a step back, taking out her yoyo and making it spin, but it will not save her. This fight is kind of strange. She seems to be hesitating to attack. Why would she be scared in this form, with her miraculous on ? I feel powerful, isn't she kind of the same ?