Chapter 1

Harry walked through the Great Hall's doors as grandly and as self-assured as any eleven year old could. He held himself with an air of arrogance and poise, something everyone wished to achieve. The Boy Who Lived made his way to one of the long and, in most of the other kid's cases, intimidating tables and sat. His back was pin straight, his cold, calculating eyes taking in everyone making their way into the room. As he was looking, his eyes caught a lone figure sitting at the very end of the table in front of him, across the hall.  It was a boy, a beautiful and ethereal creature, Harry deduced in his mind. For some strange reason he yearned to go over and sit next to the boy who seemed to be deliberately sitting farthest from everyone else at the table. Must be timid, Harry thought as he unabashedly stared at the tiny, platinum haired beauty.

Harry was startled out of his open staring at the boy across the hall by a loud ginger and a bushy haired girl sitting either side of him. He was mad, no, furious that they had the audacity to stir him out of his very content state of watching the boy. Harry fixed the ginger with a glare that could kill and then turned to the girl with the same expression.
"Woah mate, no need to kill us with that glare you got goin' on there. Don't need to be bloody dead yet, just got here" the ginger states with his hands held in a surrendering type way. The girl simply smiled, not perturbed by Harry's anger directed at her.
"I'm Hermione Granger and that uncouth git next to you is Ron Weasley. He can be a bit, what sha'll I say....annoying, loud, excitable, and sometimes a complete arsehole." All this was said with a huge smile plastered on her face and a shouted "Hey!" came out of Ron's mouth.

Harry has to admit, the whole display was rather entertaining and seeing as they were no threat to him he nodded at them both once in greeting. "My name's Harry" was all he stated before going back to gazing at the boy who now had a girl sitting on his left side and a boy sitting in front of him. Harry noticed that he looked nervous, if the continuously twisting and fiddling of his hands was anything to go by. He concluded that the boy had anxiety and at this revelation he wished all the more to sweep the boy out of the hall and have him all to himself.

At that last thought an old man came up to the podium in the front of the room.
"Welcome to Hogwarts, First Years. I am Professor Albus Dumbledore and before the feast ensues, which I know you are all waiting for, the hat sorting ceremony will commence."
Harry zoned out when names started to get called, not caring very much about his peers. He did, however perk up when he noticed that a certain platinum blonde haired boy was making his way up to the hat. I've missed his name, god damn Harry. Guess you'll have to ask him yourself, Harry silently berated himself in his head. He was brought out of his inner musings by the hat screeching out. "Slytherin!" Harry would have never guessed that the grey-eyed angel would belong to the snakes of all houses.
"Potter, Harry" his name spilled from Dumbledore's lips. He walked up to the hat, head held high, looking poised as ever.

Whispers erupted from other students, marveling at The Boy Who Lived. The whispers sickened Harry, he wanted no one's attention especially since all anyone ever wanted out of him was higher status and fame. He couldn't help that voice in the back of his head that pointed out he wouldn't mind the platinum haired angel's undivided attention. With that thought he looked at where the boy was sat and was pleased to see that he was looking at him. Their eyes connected for a moment before the boy blushed and looked down, embarrassed to have been caught staring.

After what seemed like a long trek, Harry finally reached the hat. He wasn't stupid, he knew that he couldn't get the Gryffindor house if he wanted to, in any way, associate with the boy. Not like that would stop you from getting to know the boy you've been staring at, Harry thought to himself. The hat came down upon his head and Harry was immersed in the ramblings of it. He couldn't make out what exactly the hat was saying, only catching the words Gryffindor and mentions of Slytherin. Please Slytherin, I'd like to be as close as possible to the beautiful snake.
"Gryffindor!" The hat bellowed out. Harry was a little upset that he was in a rival house, but he wasn't discouraged one bit.

Harry made his way from the hat and sat in his previous seat seeing as that happened to be the Gryffindor table all along. Ron and Hermione were reseated as well and Harry thought that since he was stuck with them he mind as well make them his friends. When everyone was sorted the feast arrived, floating and landing gracefully upon each table. Amidst all this Harry found his eyes lock back onto the boy's across the room. As the boy blushed and looked down for a second time Harry knew that the boy was his. Whether he likes it or not, he will be mine.