Chapter 18

Blood. It was everywhere. Coating his hands and splattered across his face. He was dazed, lying in the snow, searching the area in confusion. The biting cold of the wind stung his cheeks and the snow nipped at his exposed skin. He rolled over onto his stomach with difficulty, getting ready to push off with his hands and stand up. Just before he could, he saw it; he saw him.

"Harry?" The pained whimper leaves his lips as he sees the body lying across from him.

"Harry?" He calls again, scrambling, crawling over to the boy.

"Harry, w-wake up," He was becoming frantic now, shaking Harry, trying to rouse him from his sleep. It wasn't working.

"Harry! You can't leave me, y-you can't!" He notices the blood seeping from a wound on Harry's stomach, turning the pure, white snow, a crimson red. He realizes that the blood on his hands isn't his, which could mean one thing.

"No, no, no. I-I didn't do it, I w-would never," He whispers to himself.

A blood curdling laugh echoes through the trees, startling the young, distraught boy.

"Draco," it was whispered out in the same chilling voice as before, in Harry's voice.

"H-Harry? How-How is that possible?" The voice laughs again, the sound ricocheting off the trees, coming from all directions.

"You did it Draco. You murderer. You killed me, you killed me," Harry's voice seemed far away, getting closer and closer with every word, "you killed me!"

"I didn't. I-I didn't," the little snake cries out, leaning over the dead body and letting his tears fall onto Harry's blood stained clothes.

"I can't believe you Draco. How could you kill me, how? You ungrateful whore, you killed me!" The words were harsh and said with so much force that Draco visibly flinched away.

"I didn't do it!"

"I didn't do it!" Draco yells out, jolting up from the bed. Harry awakes once he hears the yell, his eyes flying open. He sees his baby's shaking, panting form, and sits up. He wraps his arms around Draco's waist from behind and drags him back into his chest. Harry nuzzles his face into Draco's neck, pressing light kisses and whispering sweet nothings until Draco has calmed down.

He glances at the clock on the bedside table and sighs in exhaustion when he reads that it's only one in the morning.

"S-Sorry," Draco whispers out apologetically, feeling bad for waking Harry up once again. It had been a couple days since the Hirsch had died and his nightmares were getting worse and worse. He couldn't help the feeling that they were real, that something was trying to warn him. Warn him of bad things to come that could end in Harry's death, at his hands no less.

Draco took heed of this feeling, but decided not to tell Harry. Instead, he became more distant, thinking that if Harry started to hate him then he would leave and never get hurt. It definitely wasn't working, if anything it was only proving to get Harry angry and frustrated.

"No, no, baby it's okay. Not your fault you have nightmares. Maybe you will feel better if you tell me what it was about," Harry forces his voice to stay soft and demanding, hoping it will get Draco to come clean and tell him what's going on. Draco blushes at the stern tone and casts his eyes down even though Harry can't see his face. He twists his thumbs around, contemplating whether or not he should tell.

I can't burden him with this. It's my problem, I need to fix it before it becomes his. With his mind made up, Draco shakes his head, wiggles his way out of Harry's arms, and lays down, back facing Harry. Said boy sighs in frustration, loud enough only for himself to hear. Harry lays back down next to Draco and drags the little snake back until they are once again flushed against each other.