Chapter 8

For once in his life, everything was starting to look up for Draco Malfoy. Almost everyone awed and fawned over his and Harry's relationship. True to his word, Harry always stuck by Draco and was always there for him. Where there was Draco, there was Harry right next to him. In rare cases that the two weren't practically glued to each other they were only a few feet apart. Word spread fast and soon the whole school, teachers, creatures and all, knew about the cute couple.

There were only a few people that absolutely loathed the two being together. Obviously Crabbe and Goyle were two of them, but there was one person that just about ruined everything. One person that no one saw coming. Ginny Weasley.
................................
Draco was skipping through the halls while humming a happy tune. Harry wasn't too far behind. He was watching his little ball of energy happily make his way to potions class. Harry had no clue what had his Draco all happy and hyper this morning, but he didn't quite care. It was one of Draco's good days and he wasn't about to ruin it with his inquiring questions. Just as long as my baby is happy, I'm happy.

Draco was oblivious to his surroundings. He was in a bubble of excitement and giddiness, yet he had no idea why. Must be because I woke up next to Harry this mornin'. That's right, they were able to sleep together. After hours and days of arguing points, angrily stating why they should be together, and many threats—on Harry's part of course—they were finally granted their own room. It was in the dungeon, right next to the Slytherin common room, much to Harry's distaste.

There were plenty of arguments over where their room should be. Well it was more like Harry trying to convince Draco that they can't live in the dungeon for it was too cold for his little baby. This was followed up with Draco crying, thinking his Harry didn't like the house of snakes, his family. This would lead to Harry frantically trying to shush his baby and convince him otherwise which always led to an intense snog session.

The vicious cycle continued until Harry finally came to terms with the fact that he couldn't change Draco's mind about where the room would be located. Draco could be a stubborn one if he so truly wanted to be.

Now, back to the halls filled with Draco's humming and Harry's cautious gaze. He didn't want his baby to accidentally hurt himself. His Draco was a clumsy one, even more so when he wasn't paying attention to where he was going.

Harry saw her before Draco did. A girl, with bright red hair was rounding the corner just as Draco was. Draco realized the impending crash about to happen way too late. They hit each other, both sprawling on the ground. Limbs were flailing and papers were scattered. Harry's eyes widened.

He rushed over to his baby, not very concerned about the girl on the floor. "Oh baby boy, are you alright? Are you hurt?" By this time Harry had picked Draco up and set him on his feet. He was fussing over Draco like an overprotective mother hen would her babies. Draco let out a little giggle, "M'fine Harry." Harry let out a sigh of relief.

"You gotta be careful baby, how many times have I told you that you have to pay attention to your surroundings hmm?" Harry lightly scolded. Draco hung his head in shame.

"L-Lots," his lip wobbled. He didn't like being scolded, especially not by his Harry.

"Yes baby, lots and I need you to listen to me next time yeah?"

"O-okay. Sorry Harry," Draco apologized to his Harry, not liking that he was disappointed. Harry's eyes softened and he embraced Draco in a hug, who immediately returned it. Harry stroked Draco's hair and he didn't miss the light sigh of relief that escaped Draco's lips.

Harry kissed Draco on the forehead and gave him a smile. He wanted his baby to know that he was no longer mad, nor disappointed in him. Draco blushed and giggled lightly at the little kiss. No matter how many times Harry kissed him, whether on the lips, forehead, or cheek, he always felt shy about it. So precious, Harry thought to himself while gazing at Draco's flushed cheeks.