CHAPTER SEVEN

While Riku and Jasmine were doing their own things, Sora and Kairi were walking along a road that was pretty far from where Riku and Jasmine were, but not too far.

Kairi smelled the air. You know, it was odd, but rather awesome that it didn't smell much like a camp. It was natural everywhere.

"Kairi...", Sora started. He wasn't really so good at starting awkward conversations or breaking silence.

Kairi took a deep breath. "I'm sorry", she suddenly said.

"Sorry? For what?", Sora asked. What could she be sorry for?

"Well, I was thinking last night...I...", Kairi started. She was looking down at her feet.

Sora felt a little heartbroken. Maybe he was wrong, mabye she just caught up in the moment yesterday. Maybe she doesn't love him like he does her. Even though Sora could not stand the rejection of the girl he loved, he wanted to listen.

"I was thinking that...maybe the kiss was just for the fault of Riku. It wasn't right of me to kiss you. I feel horrible, maybe it was just my imagination that carried me away into doing that. I don't want to break my friendship with you Sora, I don't want you thinking badly about me", Kairi finished. Her eyes were glazed with tears.

It is the exact opposite of how I feel about you Kairi, Sora thought. How could he ever feel that about Kairi; never. Sora was about to tell her that, but she cut him off.

"I'm sorry, Sora..."
Kairi stopped walking.

She had her figure turned to him, but she still had her head bowed down, her eyes closed. Sora could see the tears falling down her cheeks onto the ground. Sora walked closer to her and put his thumb under her chin and lifted her head up, his deep-blue eyes looking straight at her watery ones. Sora was so close to her, that Kairi could feel his breath hitting her face.

"There is nothing to forgive", Sora whispered before closing the gap between them.

Kairi's tears disappeared and all her doubts as well. She kissed back, her very heart in the kiss. How could I have been so stupid to ever doubt it, Kairi thought. She wrapped her arms around his neck, glad that she tasted Sora's lips once more.

Sora sighed in the kiss; Kairi had no more doubts. He felt even happier when he felt Kairi's gentle arms around his neck, showing him that she did love him. He quickly reacted to her and wrapped his arms around her petite waist.

The two parted from the kiss that seemed to have lasted hours, panting softly.

"No more doubts, ok?", Sora whispered in her ear before bringing her into a loving embrace. "Ok, I promise", Kairi whispered, her eyes glistening with tears of happiness.

"Hey Kairi?", Sora asked, putting her crimson red hair behind her ear. "M-hm?", Kairi responded. Kairi stiffened a little as she felt Sora's lips move down to her neck. He then went back to her ear.

"Will you be my girlfriend?", Sora whispered softly with love and sweetness.

Kairi was speechless. She didn't know if she was in one of her dreams or in reality. Mabye Riku was playing a trick on her, but no. It seemed so real, because it was.

"Sora...", was all Kairi could say.

"Wow, I must've hit the jackpot", Sora looked into her eyes with a grin on his face, his hands running down her arms delicately.

"I'm still wondering if you're real or not", Kairi smiled.

Kairi paused a little and looked into Sora's Aqua blue eyes.