CHAPTER 12

"Sora! Sora!", Riku finally caught up with Sora, who had just gotten out of DVD production.

"Hey Riku. How was sword fighting?", Sora asked, feeling a little better and more determined to find Kairi.

Riku put his hands on his knees and gave him a hold on signal as he took a breather. Riku sighed and stood up straight, his eyes blazing with anger.

"Whoa, what happened?", Sora asked.

"Namine some how got into my sword fighting class and she beat me", Riku said.

"That's why you're angry? Well, yeah that's sorta pitiful. I mean, you've been fighting for years and you were beaten by a small girl", Sora chuckled.

"Sora, it's not like that! Namine SOMEHOW got into my sword fighting class...and SOMEHOW beat me. You wanna know how?", Riku asked.

Sora shrugged and then nodded.

"SHE USED KAIRI'S KEYBLADE!", Riku screamed, not caring if anyone heard.

"She WHAT?", Sora screamed back.

"That's right. She beat me by using Kairi's keyblade. See, I thought it was gonna be a piece of cake and all. Then suddenly she asked Joel if she could use a sword of her own. And she took out Kairi's keyblade. Even with my own, she beat me! I don't know what happened when she was gone, but I think that her appearance is also part of it. She has incredible strength", Riku explained.

"That slut must've joined with the dark side...but how?"

"You know...now that I think about it. Don't get freaked out, ok Sora? Me and Jasmine saw Kikyo's shadow with the Heartless and Nobodies with her in the trees. I think Kikyo captured Namine and gave her the power of darkness. I don't know why, though", Riku said.

"Oh great; we have Namine PLUS the killing Kikyo and Kairi is in those same woods! Oh no! Alright, I am going to miss 3rd period! I am going to those woods!", Sora was making a run for it, but Riku grabbed onto his hood and pulled him back.

"Sora, I know you're worried about Kairi. I am too, but-".

"Riku, you don't understand! I love Kairi! I-"

"Hey, I know you love Kairi, but I still care for her as my best friend. I look after her, too you know", Riku was getting a little pissed now.

"No Riku! I know, but...it's my fault she's out there!", Sora confessed and bowed his head in shame.

"What are you talking about, Sora? It's Namine's fault she's out there", Riku reminded him.

"No, Riku. It's my fault. Kairi told me that she knew Namine would do something. She had a feeling that Namine would do something to her while we were blindfolded", Sora said silently, holding back the tears of pain in himself.

"Huh?" Riku asked.

"I told her that as long as I was behind her and she wasn't first, nothing would happen. And look what happened? If I would have only taken off the stupid blindfold when "Kairi" told me not to. It's all my fault!", Sora buried his head in his hands.

"Pull it together, Sora. You're tougher than that. Kairi wouldn't blame you for what happened"

Sora took a deep breath and looked at Riku with confident eyes, still gleaming with a few tears.

"What happened to Kairi is not your fault. It was all Namine's. Even though you think that you were the one that let Namine get to Kairi; it's not. You tried your best to protect her, and Kairi must be thinking the same thing. You would never do anything to hurt Kairi", Riku gave him a big friendly smile; one that was extremely rare from Riku and would only give it to his closest friends.