2🌸

pro-beginning

Chapter's title from project and beginning.

I checked the time when I reached school and it's 8 on dot.

Phew! That was so close.

I adjusted my beanie and make sure my thick long hair is well stuffed inside. I looked down at my tight black jean and black woolen sweater again and I proceeded having being satisfied with my look. Soon as I reach my locker I dumped the heavy calculus text book inside my locker. I still haven't stopped thinking about this year's project. I'm going for something amazing.. Big..spectacular. Something I haven't thought of..but I know I'll need it.

I smiled at myself as I walk down the hall way. I saw couple of students that smiled at me as I walked. If only they love me truly.

I entered into my class and the first person my eyes landed on is my best friend.

"Isabelle" I called waving and grinning largely. That called more attention to me and randomly I stopped by at different seats to say hi to most people. Okay.. I have to say this. I'm very popular in school. I'm smart.. I top the school and I have a very nice dress sense(based on my moods) and well..that added to my popularity level.

Isabelle Moon is a very pretty girl. She has large bulky long hair like me. She has cute big brown eyes and full pink lips. She is around 5'8 tall and slim. She has this cool model physique and really looks good even without make up.. That you hardly see her with.

"Hey Alexis" she said giving me a grin and settling on her seat. I took a seat to the chair beside hers and faced her.

"You got here late" she said as soon as the smile wiped off her face.

"It's billy and Andrew"

"Awww..cute billy and hot Andrew"

I rolled my eyes.

"Here we go again" I mumbled after a sigh.

"Uh?" she asked unsure of what I just said.

"Nothing. When did you reach school?"

"Around 7:30. Mum dropped me early"

"Nice. How about Josh? Have you seen him?"

"Nah. Not yet. I guess we will see in the cafeteria"

"Oh. Great. I have a whole lot to study this year.. My project is gonna be boom boom pow" I said using my fingers to indicated a grenade exploding.

"Uh.. I haven't thought of what to do yet. And I won't. I'll just do something last minute. It's final year Lexi, live it"

"I'm living it"

"No.. What memory of high school do you have?"

"Uh..remember 9th grade when I won science fair?" I said triumphantly.

She shook her head.

"Just like the rest of the years Lexi and someone hates you for ever not giving them chance"

"You do? Giving chance to lose? I rather not participate"

"No but you and I both know that's the reason you and Madison there hates each other's guts. Just loosen up and let's play, live. See you.. Just look at you. You are smart.. Pretty and amazing. If anyone should get close to you.. they understand that you are lively. You can't just tie yourself up and say you won't love anymore because of what the jerk did to you. I know you don't want to be that girl your parent wants you to be. Just let you flow"

"Isabelle. You are wrong. The only thing that makes me happy is making my parents happy and they are not forcing me." I said it trying to believe it as I've said it.

She tried countering me when Miss Christine entered. Miss Christine is our art teacher / homeroom teacher. She is about 27 years old and is already divorced. She and I talk a lot.. Well, most times when I'm bored and I have nothing to do around..we gossip together in her office and she really understands most things.. Especially my life.

"We will continue this later" Isabelle said.

"I hope not" I mumbled again.

"You sure do mumble a lot these days" he said rolling her eyes.

"Good morning everyone" she said giving us a large smile.

The boys cooed while I look at Isabelle and we both rolled our eyes.

Miss Christine, no doubt is hot. With her red wavy Bob and her tall, curvy stature.. Any man who would overlook her is surely gay.

"I welcome you all back to school. How was summer?"

The whole class started with side discussions and soon the whole class was noisy.

"Class" Christine shouted. Or Miss Christine like she would prefer I call her in school.

We all went silent.

"I know some of you are so exited about your final year project.." She said smiling at me.

"..while some of you are not. This year, you guys are grouped into twos and you and your partner share your whole assessment. I mean we average your assessment and that gives your individual mark. So, if you don't care about your partner's assessment and you end up with a 90.." She said glaring at me as she said the last part.

".. And your partner ends up with a 30..that means 60 for you both."

"What?" I exclaimed.

"I hope you get to be my partner" Isabelle said.

"I know this doesn't have to do with us being best friends.. It's because you know I'll work for 100 right?"

"Certain!" She said smiling.

I shook my head unbelievably.

Typical Isabelle.

"As much as I would have loved to prolong this, the principal asked us all to bring the list out today and make you guys know your partner. Please hold on to your life partner." She said smiling at the end of her sentence.

I chuckled.

"Christine would either peer me with you like a normal teacher would.. Or peer me with Madison concerning the glint in her eyes." I said to Isabelle.

"Well, we are about to find out"

"As I call your names.. Please signify that you and your partner are around."

"Diana bones and Dennis bones"

I hear them both squeal behind me. Twins.

"I think it's you and I" Isabelle says.

"Told ya" I smirked.

"Malcolm cooper and Anna Skye"

"Isabelle moon and Madison smith"

"What?" Isabelle exclaimed looking at me.

"Then who am I peered with?" I asked more concerned about myself.

"No that's not the case Lexi. I get to be with a b-" she cut of herself knowing she doesn't curse.

I can't hear Madison's words clearly but I know she is also ranting in her seat for getting peered with Isabelle.

"At least she is smart" I said consoling her.

"..Harry smith and Aiden Walker."

"Mason wright and Alex Wood.."

"Who is Mason wright?" I asked still trying to maintain my stance.

"Mason?" Christine called again.

"Hello! Mason wright!" She called again.

Suddenly a guy about 5'9 tall walked into the class. He is wearing a black v neck top that hugged his lightly built torso and dark washed jeans. He looks tacky and highly disorganized if you ask me.

"Sorry miss.. I ran a little late. Hi.. I'm Mason Wright and I'm a new student"

"New student? You gotta be kidding me" I said freaking out