Chapter 2

Waking up was a process everyone went through every day – sometimes more than once a day. This time however the process was a bit different than usual. Yes, Ye Xiu still opened his eyes, but instead of looking at the familiar room inside of club Excellent Era that belong to him, he saw a grey wall. Instead of fighting his way out of his warm bed and soft blanket, he was cold and laying on something hard. It was raining.
Slowly Ye Xiu tried to get up. His memories were fuzzy. He had bid farewell to Su Mucheng and went down the snowy street until... until everything went black. What had happened? Obviously he had lost consciousness, but why? Since he didn't feel any pain, Ye Xiu assumed that he hadn't been hit by something or someone. Before he could go more in detail Ye Xiu realized another strange thing. He was sure he had sat up, but why was everything still so giant around him, why was the ground still so near? And why were his hands so hairy? Those weren't his hands! Those were pawns! Why the hell were his hands pawns? This must be a dream! One of those in which one was aware that it was a dream! This would explain everything! Now, how was he supposed to get out of this dream? Did he have to fulfill a quest of something like that? How troublesome!

While every other person may have freaked out by this point, Ye Xiu stayed calm. To him this was just a dream, so he would go with it, because he couldn't change it anyways. First of all he needed to get a better idea of what he was and where he was. Due to the heavy rain puddles were everywhere, which he used to get a look at himself. Apparently he was a little wet black kitten – as far as he could see in the dark. Great! Now to where he was. Although he was certain that he was in City H, he still wanted to confirm it.
Unfortunately, he wasn't in City H anymore – so there was also no Su Mucheng to take him in. Due to his nature Ye Xiu barely toured other cities. No all the times he went around China for the weekly Glory matches didn't count, since he only knew the way from the hotel to the stadium and back. City B and City H were the only two cities he had some knowledge about. One was his hometown, while the other was the city he had lived in for the last ten years.
Shakily Ye Xiu made his way out of the alley – why ever he was there in the first place.
On the main road was a lot of traffic. Humans were running from left to right and from right to left – some with an umbrella, others without one. The light of the cars were barely moving forward because of the heavy traffic. The shop were still all open and their shiny lights could blind one. So much light, so much noise, so much trouble. Wherever he was it was not in City H or City B! Great! Wonderful! Shouldn't a dream be about things he knew? Why was he in a City he didn't know? Or was this city a mix between all those he knew? Please no! That would be horrible!
Ye Xiu decided to take a look around. Maybe he could find a place that looked familiar. Walking through the masses with his tiny body was dangerous and exhausting. His little legs only made little steps, so it took him like forever to get anywhere. To avoid being trampled to death he stuck to the side of the pavement. Who had thought that this way he bumped into someone unexpected?

Han Wenqing just left the store, when he suddenly felt something bumping against his leg. Confused he looked down and first saw nothing. Then he looked harder and saw a pair of golden eyes. His confusion grew. Cautiously he kneeled down and finally saw a little wet black kitten looking at him with its big shiny golden eyes. It was pathetic sight. Poor little kitten. Which inhuman bastard had left it outside?
People said a lot about Han Wenqing, but no one knew that this oh so scary man had a really soft heart for little animals. Consequently he extended his hand towards the little kitten, hoping the little one would trust him and come home with him. Team Tyranny had no rules that forbid it the players to have a pet – most simply didn't have one, because as a pro player one had to travel a lot and there was always the possibility of changing the team and therewith often also the city.

In his head Wenqing went through the thing he had bought. Usually the club provided the players with food, but tonight the team members wanted to have a movie night and for this they needed snacks and such, which the club did not provide. The club covered the basic needs like shelter and food, but not more.
As far as he knew cats shouldn't eat snacks, so he sadly had nothing for the little one in front of him. Even when he went back to the club he probably wouldn't have anything for it. Maybe there was something for it to eat in the cafeteria or he went to a pet shop on his way back – well maybe not, the kitten looked like it needed a warm place to stay as soon as possible. Poor little thing!

Ye Xiu, on the other hand, was not confused but surprised to see Han Wenqing. Even more surprised was he over the fact that seemingly Old Han liked cats. Silently he looked up to the giant man in front of him. Han Wenqing was already taller than him by a lot, when he was a human himself, but now that he was a small kitten the other one was not only tall but a real giant! At the moment Ye Xiu could understand that some people were scared of his rival. Being so tall with such a face was really scary! Thanks to their many years of rivalry, Ye Xiu knew that Old Han only looked like a gangster, but was actually a more or less nice person.
So after a few moments of silence between them, Ye Xiu approached the extended hand. It was warm! So pleasingly warm! A pitiful meow escaped Ye Xiu. Han Wenqing took of his jacket and tenderly wrapped it around the kitten. He needed to get that wet little black ball of fur out of the bad weather. It probably would be the best to go to a vet, but Wenqing didn't know where he could find a vet at the moment. He needed to look some up! For tonight he would ignore any kind of safety measures – he had heard that when an animal that usually lived on the streets was tame towards a human it was likely that it was sick – and take the kitten with him.

And this was how kitten Ye Xiu ended up in club Tyranny's team captain's bedroom – he had to admit that Han Wenqing had a good sense for interior furnishings, as far as Ye Xiu could judge at least.