Chapter 4

The afternoon was just as boring as the morning, despite now having a few toys to pass the time with. However, one of the balls Han Wenqing had brought, had been kicked to the other side of the room and Ye Xiu was too lazy to get it. The rod – whatever the correct name for that thing was – was supposed to be hold by a human waggled around so the cat had to try and catch it, but at the moment there was no human around, so Ye Xiu could not really play with it – not that he cared, of course. The third toys was a small mouse that made a squeak sound, when it was squeezed. This squeak could go on someone's never when heard too often, so Ye Xiu stopped playing with it quite soon. This toy was torture to his sensitive ears! So the only thing left was the television.
Nowadays there was a program solely for eSport, but that didn't mean that it was only about Glory, yet Ye Xiu was only interested in Glory. Saturday was match day, so on this day in the evening the eSport chancel would broadcast one of the ten matches. Usually on Sunday some "experts" would give an analysis of the different matches and the rest of the week was mostly covered with other eSport news. Honestly, just because he was – had been – a professional gamer didn't mean he cared for every professional gaming league. Ye Xiu only cared about Glory. So he really was not interested in the affairs of other leagues, even less in the personal affairs of the players of those leagues. Right now the moderators discussed some love triangle or something along that line. Please don't ask him, what this had to do with eSport, because he doesn't know and he doesn't want to know. Maybe Mucheng knew or cared.

While switching through the programs Ye Xiu found a very familiar face and a very familiar name. Ye Qiu. Since he had joint the professional alliance he used the name of his younger twin brother as his own. If he had the chance to use his real name, he would have done so, but as thing were back then, he hadn't had the chance. In retrospect wasn't that even better for his family? No one would bring the professional gamer Ye Qiu in relation with them.
Seeing his brother kind of made this strange dream a bit better and calmed him down. His brain wouldn't turn his stupid younger brother into someone else like it had done with Old Han. Seriously, Old Han being a kitten loving nice guy with a good sense for interior furnishing was making that man into a different person – no, Ye Xiu had no ill feelings towards his longtime rival, although it may seem like they hated each other and didn't get along.
Ye Qiu looked good in his tailored suit. He was the complete opposite of Ye Xiu, who was now a small kitten. If Ye Xiu had stayed at home, maybe he wouldn't be in this strange dream, wouldn't be a kitten now. Depressed Ye Xiu switched the channel again. Watching a drama was better than seeing his twin still being a human – no he was not jealous anything, he was happy that his twin was fine!

Han Wenqing received a few questioning stares when he walked through the club with a box in his hands, but no one was brave enough to ask. He had to put the little kitten somewhere, when he wanted to go to the vet. Letting that little thing walk around freely through the masses was too risky.
What also was risky, was leaving a bored Ye Xiu alone with a ball. When entering his room, Wenqing almost fell to the ground, after stepping on a certain kicked away ball. Luckily he was able to find his balance before anything could happen. The television was still on, but Ye Xiu didn't watch anymore. Instead he had fallen asleep on the sofa. What else could he do?
Tenderly, Wenqing struck through Ye Xiu's soft fur, before putting a pillow and the toy mouse inside the box he had brought with him. On top of said pillow he placed Ye Xiu. Afterwards he turned off the TV. Now it was time to pay a visit to the vet. Little did he know that this visit would be anything but pleasant.

The way to the vet went by without any disturbances. Ye Xiu woke up halfway, but did nothing besides looking around a bit and went back to sleep again. A child that sat next to Han Wenqing wanted to pet Ye Xiu, but was too scared of Old Han – so Ye Xiu was saved from the hands of a child.
In the waiting room at the vet Ye Xiu woke up again. He felt that something wasn't right. It smelt like dog? And had he just hear the chirp a bird? And who was Chipsy? It was noisy, but not loud enough to be a public place like the subway from before. So where was he?
Curiously he looked out of his box and was confused. In a relatively small room were are bunch of different animal sitting next to each other. For example opposite of Old Han and him was a grandmother with her little puppy. Said puppy started to bark as soon as it saw Ye Xiu – Ye Xiu gave the puppy the name Huang Shaotian. Huang Shaotian didn't even stop barking when the grandmother told him to be silent. Obviously that grandmother was not a Yu Wenzhou. Two seats away from Huang Shaotian and the failure of a Yu Wenzhou, sat a young woman with her... spider? Who the freaking hell had a freaking spider as pet? Had this girl lost her mind? What the hell! Ye Xiu was not afraid of spiders, but he also didn't feel comfortable around this hairy thing. Was it even legal to have a spider as pet? Apparently that spider was Chipsy. What a stupid name for a spider. A disapproving meow escaped Ye Xiu – at least this time it didn't sound so pathetic.
Han Wenqing had watched Ye Xiu inspecting the surrounding and when he heard the meow he gently petted the kitten's head. It must be quite scary and confusing for the kitten to suddenly be at a different place with so many unknown things around it. Maybe a pet could calm it down a bit. Unfortunately, Ye Xiu was more pissed at this action than calmed down. With another disapproving meow he pushed Han Wenqing's hand way from him and continued his observation. Hopefully there weren't any more spiders or Huang Shaotians!

Two seats away from Han Wenqing sat a young boy with his mother and their birds, which looked kind of dead – obviously they weren't, but they look so listless and didn't move at all, that Ye Xiu wondered, if they were even real.
When he looked at Han Wenqing's left side, he had to endure the dead stare of a fish. What kind of stupid pet was a fish? Well, better than a spider, but still a stupid pet. It only caused work and one couldn't even do anything with them. How was a vet supposed to treat a fish? How was a vet ... supposed ... Ye Xiu starred that the fish; the fish starred at Ye Xiu. Was that a smile on that fish's face? Was that fish somehow related to Yu Wenzhou? Both looked harmless, but in truth they were rotten to the core! Maybe if fish Yu Wenzhou and that failed "Yu Wenzhou"-grandmother worked together they might be able to shut dog Huang Shaotian up. And this was so totally not the point here right now. Old Han hadn't brought him to a vet, right? He didn't even go to the doctor as a human, hence he wouldn't start doing so as a cat! He was fine, no need for a vet!
Ye Xiu's head snapped around to look up to Han Wenqing and made a sound that was a mix between his disapproving meow and the angriest hiss he could muster. A strange sound that caused the Huang Shaotian dog to bark even more. How was one supposed to hold a conversation, when that dog barked all the time? Had that thing never heard anything of manners? That failure of a Yu Wenzhou was the worst! At least try to make your dog shut up!

Before the situation could escalate – Ye Xiu considered throwing his toy mouse at that stupid dog – an assistant of the vet came into the room and called Han Wenqing and Ye Xiu. It was their turn now. And all of a sudden the barking of Huang Shaotian seemed not so bad anymore.