Chapter 3

When Ye Xiu woke up the next time, he was still a little kitten – but he wasn't wet anymore! Seemingly the dream wasn't over. How much time had passed in the real world? Was one night in the dream world also a night in the real world? Well, he probably would never find out for real, so he didn't bother himself with this thought for long. What matter, was the fact that he was still here. Here was the room of his longtime rival Han Wenqing, who had already left for training. Of course Ye Xiu used this opportunity to take a look around. He wasn't sneaking around to find anything against Old Han, he was only taking a look to make himself familiar with his new home!
There wasn't much to see. First of all, Han Wenqing's room seemed bigger than his old room and it had more doors. One door led to the hallway, another one to the bathroom and a last one to the bedroom. Except for the door to the hallway the others were all open a bit, so Ye Xiu understood this as an invitation to go inside those rooms.

At the moment, Ye Xiu was on the sofa in the room between the bedroom and bathroom. Opposite to the door was the "living room" part with a giant television, a sofa and behind it a small kitchen unit. Although the pro players could eat for free in the cafeteria, they also could store some things in their room. It would be a bit troublesome to always go down in the cafeteria, when you wanted to have a tea or get some snacks.
On the left side of the door was a desk with a computer on it. As far as Ye Xiu knew every room in Excellent Era had a computer as well, so the players could surf through the internet – or play Glory. The computer belonged to the club, just like more or less everything inside the player's rooms. This could explain, why Wenqing's room looked so nice. That guy impossibly had any sense for interior furnishings! Why was his brain even assuming that Han Wenqing was good at it? What the hell was wrong with his brain?
Ye Xiu jumped down from the sofa and decided to search for something to eat first and then he wanted to take a better look at his new appearance – consequently he was going into the bathroom next. Kindly Han Wenqing had placed some food on a plate for Ye Xiu and a little cup with water. That guy knew, how to take care of a little kitten. Ye Xiu would have probably completely forgotten about something so trivial. Luckily he had Su Mucheng, who looked after him and their cat – which actually was Mucheng's cat, but he had the questionable honor of being the "step-father" of said cat. Consequently he also had to look after Mucheng's cat from time to time and it was a good thing those times were rare and short or else, who knew what might have happened to the poor thing.

After eating and drinking Ye Xiu went into the bathroom. Like the rest of Old Han's rooms it was big! Bigger than Ye Xiu was used to in Excellent Era. Was club Tyranny more generous than Excellent Era – or the rooms weren't too big, but Ye Xiu was too small!? Well, Tyranny treated their old players a millionth times better than Excellent Era had done.
In his human form he wasn't the tallest, but he also wasn't small, yet compared to his kitten form he could be considered a giant. One always only appreciated the thing one had, after they were gone.
Due to his non-existent height, he couldn't look into a mirror, hence couldn't see his current form. However, cats were quite flexible. With an elegance the human Ye Xiu would never possess, his kitten-self jumped around a bit – thereby throwing down a lot of stuff – until he reach a place, where he could see into the mirror. What he saw was kind of cute! Starring back at him was a small black and white kitten with golden eyes. So this was his current self. Great. So in this dream he really was a kitten – a really tiny and cute kitten. Had he bought the wrong cigarette packet? Had he smoked something else than a normal cigarette? Why did his brain turn him into a kitten? Why not a dog? Ye Xiu never had a cat as pet, but he had a dog. Little Dot had been a really lovely little dog! What relationship did he have with cats? Just because he sometimes looked after Mucheng's cat? And why was he a kitten? Why not an adult? Well, kittens were cuter than grown up cats and people were more willing to help something cute, but this still did not explain why his own brain did this to him!
One thing was clear: He would never ever tell anyone about this LSD- infested dream. He didn't want to get a visit from the nice guys in white.

Ye Xiu jumped down again and investigated the rest of the rooms. However, there was nothing interesting. Everything was tidy and clean.

Around lunch time Han Wenqing returned to his room. He had bought some cat food and a few toys. Originally he had planned to go to the vet during the lunch break, but unfortunately, the next vet was about an hour away, so this trip had to wait till the end of the day.
At the moment Ye Xiu laid on the sofa, bored and hungry. When Wenqing entered, he lifted his head a bit, but soon laid it down again. Being a cat was boring. During is little investigation he discovered that he was not able to open doors and such, hence he couldn't look into the cupboards. He also couldn't use the computer – well he had been able to turn that thing on, but a certain still human someone had set up a stupid password. All he had left was the television, which he could turn on and switch around. What would a normal cat do?

Wenqing was not too surprised that the television was on. Pushing a few buttons was something even a little kitten could do, in his opinion. With large strides he closed the distance between him and the sofa.
"Are you bored, little one?"
He needed a name for the kitten, but this had to wait until later.
"I have some toys for you", Wenqing said while placing down a few toys on the sofa.
Ye Xiu definitely was not interested in the toys, since he was a human and not a cat! And he was an adult and not a child! So he definitely did not play with the toys as soon as they were in sight! Definitely not! This was just an illusion!
There must have been something in his last cigarette!