4

It was hard for Thomas to sit still at work. He wanted so bad to go home, make some food, go to bed, then wake up, so he could drive Teresa to the hospital again.

He wondered how long Newt would be stuck in that place. Trapped between the white walls, and nurses and doctors. He wondered if Newt would have the same affect on him if they met somewhere else. They probably wouldn't even have met. Thomas didn't believe in faith. He thought it was luck. He was just very lucky to meet Newt.

Thomas stared blankly at the computer screen when he felt a hand on his shoulder. "If you really want that promotion you might have to work, buddy." It was Aris, one of Thomas' coworkers. When Thomas didn't answer Aris grabbed a chair and sat down beside him. "What is going on?" Aris asked. Thomas felt a little surprised that his friend noticed he wasn't feeling so good anymore. "It's nothing," Thomas answered. "Thomas I know you," Aris said. "Is it something whit Teresa?"
"Not yet,"
Thomas answered while standing up and leaving his friend confused.

...

Usually Aris would be the only thing that got Thomas trough the day. He really didn't like this job, he felt like he never was doing anything.

Thomas avoided Aris the rest of the day. When he left the office he waved goodbye to his friend, adding a smile to make up for acting so...weird.

It was getting colder outside, and Thomas regretted that he didn't bring a jacket or something. The walk from his job to the parking lot where the car was weren't that long. It was kind of refreshing, feeling the air in the face. His hands got cold fast so he put them in the pockets on his pants. He walked faster and faster, with his eyes placed on the ground right before him. Before he even knew it he was standing at the parking lot, waiting for his girlfriend. He got cold now that he was standing still, so he got into the car.

The light from Thomas' phone screen lit up his face. He scrolled through instagram, and liked every single picture or video that appeared on the screen.
Suddenly the door at the other side of the car opened. Teresa got in. "Hey Tom," she said. She sounded more happy than normal. It annoyed Thomas, why couldn't he be happy too?
"How was work?" He asked, after a minute. "It was nice," Teresa said. Thomas started the car, and drove out of the parking lot.

Teresa didn't use the aux, she sat there staring out of the window. "Sometimes I wonder how it would be to not be me," she said. Thomas thought it was a weird statement. "Why?" He asked. "Because I wonder what people I would meet, and what their stories are like." She said as her eyes follows a woman and a little boy walking at the side of the street. "Don't you learn others stories when you meet new people?" Thomas kept his eyes on the road, but he could sense that Teresa was looking at him. "I guess," she said, reaching for the aux. She was done talking. And so was Thomas.

Another short chapter. Ughhhh :c
I have been struggling with writing on this lately, it might be because I have started watching the 100 and watching it whenever I have the time for it. :D
The next chapter I'll write will be from Newts perspective, in honor of Newtday! (Which is tomorrow) I'll write it this weekend ;)

-Elida