6

Teresa was late home from work. Thomas sat in their apartment wondering what he would make for dinner. Maybe Teresa already has eaten. Just as he was about to call her the front door opened. Teresa stumbled in laughing at nothing, it seemed like. "THOMAAAS" she said. She has to be drunk. What the hell. "Have I ever told you that you are so beautiful?" She sat down at his lap and ran her fingers through his hair. "Where have you been?" He asked. "I got stuck in a maze," she said. Laughing even louder than before. "You are so funny." Thomas said and pushed her off to the side so they sat beside each other. "I'm laughing so loud," he said in a sarcastic voice, refusing to meet her eyes. "Tom," she said softly. Their hands intertwined. Thomas looked up at Teresa. Her hair was a little messy. Her makeup smudged. Her eyes wild and determined. "Please, don't be mad Thomas."
"What did you do?"
"Nothing."
He took a deep breath.
"I'm not mad."
"Are you sure?"
"Do you want me to change my mind?"
She waited a second before she answered.
"No."
Thomas let go of her hand and stood up.
"Sorry." He said. "Are you drunk?"
"No." And than she thought for a second. "Yes."
"Ok. Great. Are you hungry?"
"No not really."
"Okay than I'm going outside for a while then."
"Are you mad at me for going out Thomas? I'm not yours. You do not own me!"
"I know Teresa. Just, it's Wednesday. I'm tired and I need some space right now."
He walked to the front door and put on his shoes.

He walked. He walked for a long time. He didn't know why Teresa had got into his nerves so suddenly or why he couldn't think straight. He wandered. Eventually he realized that he was on his way to the hospital. Back to the only person he wanted to talk to. Newt. He wanted to talk to Newt.