I'm the Narrator and This is Just the Prologue

Before I start the story, I would really like your feedback. Though these are just things to write in my spare time, I enjoy getting better through constructive criticism. Let me know what you think, vote, share, etc. Thank you so much, and I hope you enjoy the featured read: Rewrite Your Happiness. 

~Narator's POV~

September 2016

"Fuck it, you were right, I so needed that concert." I plopped face first into the comforter of my twin size bed in my small apartment. The fall rain began to patter outside on my window. It was the first night I was able to get out in three weeks of nonstop work and classes. Seriously, it is not as easy to upkeep a college scholarship as you'd expect.

To think I'd get a surprise visit from my old high school friend, Ginger, and get floor seats to a band I'd never cared too much for. But after tonight, it had most definitely made me reconsider my opinion.

"See, I told you they were effing awesome. And to think you're a music-loving dork. You can't be one of those without acknowledging that of Panic! at the Disco."  Ginger said sitting down next to me. She let her auburn hair fall out of the cute bun she made.

As she began using her iPhone to post pictures from the concert on Instagram, I start giving her the 'I'm not worthy' bow. "I apologize and thank you for introducing me to them. Only problem is I've heard them live and now nothing will compare to their studio albums." I fell backward, replaying the backflip the lead singer did at the climax of Miss Jackson in my head. He was truly something else.

Ginger began to nod her head, but stopped before it goes full on 'I know' force. "It's funny you say that because I got to go see them with my older sister on their 'Nothing Rhymes With Circus' Tour when I was 11 years old. That was when they actually played nothing but songs from the first album live. It freaked me the shit out of me...but I effing loved it. It sounded just like the studio album with the exception of cheering fans, mimes as backup dancers, a drum line jam session, and the Brendon Urie was touching Ryan Ross's ass. UGH, 👏 honey! Not saying this concert was bad, but compared to that, the way Dallon and Brendon sing and grope each is a little underwhelming."

I sat up and gave Ginger a look as my face scrunched up, dumbfounded. Did she really say what I thought she said? How did we end up here? One minute we were talking about studio albums and the next it was mimes and a dude touching their friend's ass. "Okay, Ginger, I am amazed you were lucky enough to get in at the age you were. I'm happy you too still had a good time tonight...but that description alone makes me question and understand why we are friends all at the same time."

Ginger walked over and gave me a playful bop on the shoulder, smirking in her calm and chill voice. "Hey, I'm serious when I say you haven't seen the best of them. Almost their entire first and second album were cut from the setlist. They took off That Green Gentleman, Build God...THEY, OHHHH! They even took Lying is the Most Fun, my favorite effing song, off the song listing." She scoffed with arms open and frustrated face. I pretend to be taken aback by this, as Ginger has a tendency to overreact, so I might as well play along until she calmed down. I didn't know enough about this band's lore or older songs, but I know deep digging wasn't my thing unless I had a reason. Suddenly, Ginger said something profound and...sad. "This year marks their 12 years as a band and yet...uhhh...if only the whole band were here to actually witness that milestone."

I silently flipped onto my back and sat up. "What, did someone die or something?" I looked at my friend with concern.

Ginger sighed and fell back into the fluff of my comforter. "Only the very souls of fanboys and girls alike." My nose began to twitch. Well that cleared up my worry.