Jon, the Bells

"Come on, Sarah, what's in the boooooox? What's in the fuckin' box?"

Brendon yelled, coming out of a door that apparently led downstairs. Sarah followed shortly behind, holding his hand. She had a big smile on her face. Okay, Brendon met Sarah earlier than expected, but I couldn't deny they looked like they were meant to be even still. "Seriously, I know they're just cheap presents, but if I'm looking for yours, where would I find it, Sarah?" He said giving her the eskimo nose brush. Sarah giggled, grabbing Brendon's lip and squishing them together.

"That's for you to figure out, mister lush lips." Brendon gave her a pouty face and she pat him on the head. Cute.

"Hey, Brendon!" I called across the room. "Where is everybody?"

"Sam said she was running out of stuff to serve and went with Brad to go get more chestnuts and eggnog from the store. We should be able to exchange gifts when they get back. But Mike is passed out on the couch downstairs and I don't know where Spencer and Linda are...however, I know Jon's right here." Brendon said, inches away from Jon's face who was still drinking his eggnog nonchalantly. "Oh, hello Brendon, Sarah. Ryan and Elise just came out of the bowels of mystery to join us. Want to talk about that?" Jon turned to us with a savvy smile. I returned a half smile as Ryan walked over to an almost empty tray and grabbed a green tree-shaped cooked.

"Thank you for that earlier, Jon." I murmured as I sat down in a chair in front of the counter and rubbed my forehead. Jon pffted. "I've been in your place, wanting a 'simple talk' and the other individual's being guarded like the leftovers in the fridge. It's a pain." What was he talking a out? He shook his head at my confusion and took another sip of his beverage. "So, how long have you and Ryan been..?" Jon trailed off, doing sign for "naughty." I looked at him with wide eyes and shook my head.

"No, I'm serious. It was a simple talk. I'm not dating him, I'm not his bitch on the side and I won't be any time soon either. He did tell you Sam was his girlfriend, right?" Jon rolled his eyes at me. What did trying to talk to Ryan look like to him? He downed the rest of his eggnog and patted me on the shoulder.

"Wow, your mind sure goes places for a simple nudge to the ribs, Elise. If I'm being blunt, their relationship is pretty flawed. It won't last long into next year. From what little I've seen, I think he looks happier talking to you." He shrugged as I began covering my face out of annoyance. "I'm just saying. I see something between you two...that or it's the eggnog talking." He said, laughing for a few seconds.

"I'd say it's the latter." I said with a forced chuckle.

As he walked away, I bit my cheek. I wasn't going to think about it. We just got away with talking in Sam's house without being interrupted. The last thing I needed was Jon shipping us in front of that witch o'jealously.

Before I could do anything, Sam and Brad walked into though the front door. Both their hair was a mess and hands filled with bags. Brad took all the bags in Sam's hands and walked in the kitchen with a big smile on his face. Sam was still standing by the small mirror at the door, smirking as she fixed her hair and t-shirt with a repetitive shoulder twitches. I walked over to her. As I got closer, she took off her jacket. "It was...p-pretty windy out there." She said with a chatter. Ah, chills. I hate that shit. Wait, since when did she address me willingly? Was I actually getting to her??

I nodded, "...we're doing White Elephant gifts soon right?"

Sam rolled her eyes. "Impatient one, you are. We can start now that we've restocked on the finger foods and treats. Is everyone in the kitchen or dining room?"

I shrugged, "I mean, everyone but Linda and Spencer. We don't know where they went." Sam gave me a glare of disappointment and rolled her tongue around in her mouth. Oh gosh, what were the two doing? Did I just rat Spencer out? I did not want Sam's shit for telling the truth. There was a sudden knock at the door. Sam turned to the door, confused. When she opened it, we saw Spencer. He was by himself.