Kindergarten

Shawn's P.O.V

Dropping Paisley off at her first day of kindergarten was harder than I thought it was going to be. Not even hard for her but hard for me, Y/N had an emergency call to come into work last night. So it was just me and Paisley.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I asked her as I carried her down the stairs.

"I want momma" she cried into my chest.

"hey it's okay buddie, moms going to pick you up from school" I rubbed her back.

"Dad" she sniffed.

"yeah Pais?"

"can we get a slurpee on the way home as well?"

"for sure" I sat her down at the table and set some pancakes in front of her.

"Thanks" she started eating them.

"Carter, Xavier" I yelled.

Hearing a set of footsteps running down the stairs I saw Carter but not Xavier.

"where's your brother?" I asked Carter.

"he's getting his dumb girlfriend to pick him up. Says he needs to look perfect or something" she sighed.

"okay that's okay, need to catch a ride with us?" I motioned to me and Paisley.

"yeah that'd be nice, thanks dad" Carter went off in search of food.

Grabbing Paisleys backpack I made sure her shoes were set up by the front door and she had all her things set. Once the girls were finished eating I got them ready to go and we all got in the car.

"Your dropping me off first right?" Carter asked.

"yes I am" I pulled around the corner and pulled into the drop off zone.

Carter opened the door and got out of the car.

"see yeah later guys" waving to us she walked away and into the school.

"me next?" Paisley asked.

"yes" I smiled.

Driving a few more minutes we finally pulled up to Paisley's school. Parking the car I helped Paisley out of her seat and walked her into school. Heading into the classroom I felt Paisley tug on my arm.

"dad" she whispered.

Kneeling down I smiled at her.

"yeah bud?"

"you can stay here, I just want to go in by myself" she told me.

Setting a hand on my shoulder she smiled and hugged me.

"i'll see you later dad" she kissed me on the cheek and ran off while yelling I love you.

Feeling a tear run down my face I wiped it away and went to head back to the car.

shawnmendes -someone's excited for her first day 😊

Calling Y/N I let her know the kids were dropped off and i'd see her at home. Smiling I got back in the car and headed home leaving my kids at school for the day.