The Purge

Y/N's P.O.V

Hearing those sirens go off was more horrible than I thought. I had never been a part of something like this before. I figured growing up in Canada I would be safe.

Go figure my boyfriend was on tour in the U.S. Walking into our hotel bedroom from the kitchen I sighed.

"What are we going to do for the next twelve hours?" I asked.

"Stay here, watch movies? eat food?" Shawn said.

"how are you not freaking out about this?" I asked sitting on the edge of the bed.

"easy no need to panic because this hotel is the most secure in the city. Plus we have guards blocking the elevators at the top and bottom and then we have guards outside our door" he said.

"alright then" I sighed falling back on to the bed.

"c'mere babe we're going to be okay" he pulled me into him. "look we already wasted a half hour talking about this" he kissed me.

"okay alright. I can do this I guess"

Cuddling up together for the first four hours we watched movies. Then next four hours went by slower as we were bored of watching movies.

"why couldn't we be back in Canada. Didn't your team know that this was going to be happening? After all is it called the annual purge so it happens every year" I smiled a bit.

"I wish we were back home to. This kinda sucks being stuck up here for so many hours" Shawn continued trying to braid my hair. "but I guess Gerty and the rest of the crew didn't realize that this was a real thing." he sighed. "you know like something that only happens in movies, I didn't know this happened in reality" Shawn grabbed an elastic and secured it around my hair.

"yeah I guess that's true" turning around I looked at the clock and smiled. "we only have three hours left"

"hey we do! What should we do for the last few hours?" Shawn looked at me.

"I'm not sure" I sighed.

Suddenly hearing a scream on the other side of the door I pushed myself closer into Shawn.

"someone's here" I looked at him.

"no it's okay baby" he wrapped his arms around me.

Someone started banging on the door.

"Shawn Mendes I know your in there"

"Shawn!" I looked up wide eyes. 

"it's okay everything is going to be okay." pulling me closer to him.

The door suddenly burst open and I let out a scream. Letting the tears stream down my face I just sobbed into Shawn's arm.

"Shawn" the guys said.

"please just leave us alone, i'll give you guys all the money you want" Shawn looked at them.

"but that's not what we want" they tilted their heads.

"you heard him. Get out!" I yelled suddenly getting a rush of adrenaline.

Me and Shawn stood up and started backing away from the guys.

"uh uh uh if we were you we wouldn't don't that" one of the guys waved his knife around.

"yeah well what's gonna happen?" I scowled.

"this"

Running towards us he plunged his knife into Shawn.

"no!" I screamed.

Shawn slowly collapsed to the floor gasping for air. Holding him I looked up and saw the guys were gone.

"hold on Shawn it's going to be okay" I ran my fingers through his hair.

Putting his hand on my cheek he sighed.

"Y/N I just want you to know you are the best thing that's ever happened to me" he smiled weakly.

"shhh don't say it that way, you make it sound like your dying on me" I smiled sadly.

"it's okay, we're going to be okay"

Shawn closed his eyes and I felt his pulse weaken until there was nothing. The siren went off signalling the end of the purge.