3: She's not what you expect

A/N: Let's just ignore the timeline of when the two movies came out. Also, I'm sorry if I can't capture the exact personality of characters yet. I'm still working on it :) if you have any ideas or suggestions as to what you want to read about or where you want this story to go just hmu

Andy slowly opened the door to Miranda Priestly's lavish townhouse. She knew that this was a task she couldn't mess up. It can make or break everything she had worked for. You open the door and you walk across the foyer. You hang the dry cleaning in the closet across from the staircase and you leave the Book on the table with the flowers. Andy made sure to repeat Emily's instructions in her head. Most importantly, don't talk to anyone and don't look at anyone. "Come on Andy. A monkey can do this." She whispered to herself. As she scanned around the foyer. Oh no! There were multiple doors by the staircase and several tables with fresh flowers on them. Andy was internally screaming. "Shit"

"It's the door to the left." A random voice said. Andy looked around for who could have said that. She looked up the staircase. It was the twins. "Thank you." Andy whispered. She placed the dry cleaning in the closet right across from her. Then looked back at the twins. At this point, Andy was desperate. She had already broken the rules Emily told her not to do. She wanted to get out of there fast. Andy pointed at the book. "Which table?"

"It's okay. Come on up!" One of the twins suggested.
"No. I can't." Andy replied.
"You can bring the Book upstairs. Emily does it all the time." The same twin giggled. "She does?" The other girl looked confused. Caroline and Cassidy looked at each other. "Right! She does, all the time." The twins ran up. Hopefully back to their rooms. Andy was nervous to go up the stairs. Emily didn't say anything about stairs, but she decided to suck it up. If the twins said so. She slowly and carefully took one step at a time, but before she could get to the fourth step, she was interrupted by another voice. This one had a different tone.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." She suggested. It wasn't one of the twins. The statement had come from another young girl; slightly older than the twins. "They want you to get in trouble." The girl added. Andy noticed that the girl looked different from the twins. This girl had darker, longer and wavier hair. Her eyes were the same as Miranda's although slightly more blue in some angles.

"Oh" Andy now relieved. She went back down to the foyer. "Which table?" She pointed at the book. The girl just pointed to the long wooden table with three colorful flower arrangements on it. "Thank you!" Andy whispered as she placed the book on the table. The girl just smiled as Andy walked out the door.

The next morning, Andy got to work; placed her stuff on her desk. She did same old routine she would have before Miranda got to the office. Honestly, Andy was pretty pleased with herself. She didn't mess it up. Well, she did break the rules Emily had told her, but no one would know right? WRONG.

Emily had grabbed Andrea and dragged her to the small coffee room Miranda's assistants were to use. Emily widened her eyes; curious as to how Andy did. "Well?" Her tone implied how impatient she was getting.
"The twins said hello, so I said hello back. Then I almost went up the stairs"
"You went upstairs???" Emily interrupted in a panicked tone.
"No! No! I didn't"
"Oh thank God!" Emily took a deep breath. "Good! You figured out where to place the book."
"Actually...about that" Andy stalled. "Why was there another girl at Miranda's apartment?"
Emily's jaw dropped. "You met Olivia?"
Andy nodded.
"Oh my God. No assistant has ever seen her before." Emily announced. Andy was confused. Who the hell is Olivia? "What did she look like? Was she was awful as the twins?" Emily was slightly getting excited. Then she noticed Andy's blank expression. Of course! Andy has never heard of Olivia. Emily thought to herself as she rolled her eyes. "Olivia Carmichael is Miranda's eldest daughter."
"Miranda has another daughter?"
"Yes, but unlike the twins, Olivia doesn't live with her." Emily smirked. "Rumor has it that Olivia's father, filed a restraining order forbidding Miranda from seeing her daughter."
Andy nodded. However, it didn't make any sense. Sure, Miranda could be terrifying and unreasonable, but she was a good mother. The absurd tasks she had Andy do was already proof of that.